Document › Details
Geneart AG. (2/23/10). "Press Release: Geneart Publishes Preliminary Results for 2009. Net Sales Increase by 20.7% to EUR 4.8M in the Fourth Quarter Compared to the Same Period of the Previous Year, and to EUR 17.2M for the Entire Year 2009". Regensburg.
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Geneart GmbH|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Better Orange IR & HV AG|
|Product 2||synthetic gene|
* EBIT increases to EUR 0.28M in the fourth quarter and totals EUR 0.33M for the entire year
* For the first time GENEART generates a positive free cash flow of EUR 1.2M in 2009 and increases liquidity to EUR 7.8M
GENEART AG, global leader in gene synthesis and specialist in the field of Synthetic Biology, increased its net sales by 9.6 % in 2009 in a continuing difficult economic environment, and therefore slightly exceeded sales prognoses published in the third quarter report. Net sales totaled EUR 17.2M after EUR 15.7M in the previous year. The cautious market behavior with respect to placing major orders, which could be observed since the fourth quarter 2008, was still being noted at an almost unchanged level in 2009 and curbed net sales growth. The growth of small and medium-sized orders was further increased compared to the previous year, and thus, partially compensated for the loss of major contracts.
GENEART increased net sales slightly in all quarters compared to the respective previous year's quarter despite the challenging environment in 2009. In particular the fourth quarter showed very positive developments. Compared to the same period in the prior year net sales increased by 20.7 % to EUR 4.8M (previous year: EUR 4,0M). Empirically the fourth quarter is affected by a significant seasonal year-end effect.
The fourth quarter EBIT increased from EUR -0.58M in the previous year to EUR 0.28M in 2009, and reached EUR 0.33M for the entire year (previous year: EUR 0.82M). Cash flow development was positive. For the first time in its history GENEART generated a positive annual free cash flow of EUR 1.2M (previous year: EUR -2.0M). The purchase of covered bearer bonds totalling EUR 2.0M is not considered an investment under business aspects but is included in liquidity - comprised of cash, bank balances and securities. Liquidity in 2009 increased from EUR 6.8M to EUR 7.8M.
Thus in 2009 GENEART succeeded again to increase productivity by its consequent advancements in automation. The output per employee increased by over 50 % at significantly reduced production costs per gene. In addition, GENEART achieved further advances in the scalability of key technologies, and thereby created the basis to be able to react quickly and flexibly to demand increases in the future. GENEART utilized the cost advantages attained to further increase its market share compared to the remaining competitors. Furthermore, GENEART started to gradually automate processes in the areas of sales and production preparation. With the implementation of the next development stage at the end of 2010 increases in efficiencies will be noticeable through exploitation of economies of scale in these areas as well.
The launch of a service unit for the generation of cell lines and protein production in mammalian cells (product area Cell Lines & Proteins) in 2009 complemented GENEART's service portfolio for basic research and pharmaceutical development customers. The new service unit will contribute to lifting additional cross-selling potentials in 2010. GENEART expects additional growth stimuli from the emerging market of Synthetic Biology. With gene synthesis the company holds one of the key technologies for this new market segment and offers additional technologies and services for downstream processes in the value chain through the product area Directed Evolution, which are immediately required for the development of market-ready applications in Synthetic Biology.
In this positive context, GENEART adheres in 2010 as well to the long-term growth strategy. However, planning and prognosis for 2010 is impeded by a continuing challenging economic environment, and thus, by a cautious behaviour of customers placing major orders as well as by short-term purchasing attitudes. Due to the strong business at year-end and the seasonal effect, only slight growth is to be expected for the first quarter in 2010 compared to the same period of the previous year. GENEART will provide an outlook for the entire year 2010 with the publication of the final 2009 numbers on April 29.
This document may contain estimates, prognoses and opinions about company plans and objectives, products or services, future results, opinions about these results or opinions leading up to these results. All these projections into the future are subject to risk, uncertainty and unforeseeable change outside the control of the GENEART Group. Many factors may lead to actual results, which considerably deviate from the given projections for these results.
In case of queries, please contact
Dr. Karoline Stürmer
Investor Relations Management
Phone: +49 (0)941 942 76-417
Fax: +49 (0)941 942 76-711
Better Orange IR & HV AG
Phone: +49 (0)89 88 96 906-10
Fax: +49 (0)89 88 96 906-66
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Global Headquarters". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Partners with Hamilton Bonaduz AG to Accelerate Automation Platforms Access for Forensic Customers". South San Francisco, CA & Bonaduz....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/1/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Expands Offering for Clinical Applications at AACC 2016". Philadeliphia, PA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: New Gas Chromatography System Brings Power of Orbitrap GC-MS Technology to Routine Applications". Sunnyvale, CA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (7/1/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Receives FDA Clearance for Expanded Use of VIDAS B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Test for Managing Sepsis Patients with Elevated Risk of Mortality". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/8/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Recognizes Tandem Mass Tag Grant Award Winners at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)