Document › Details
Geneart AG. (5/27/10). "Press Release: Geneart AG. First Quarter 2010 – Net Sales Increase by About 13% to EUR 4.6M". Regensburg.
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Geneart GmbH|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
* EBIT improves to EUR 79 thousand in the first Quarter (previous year: EUR 9 thousand)
* Net sales and earnings developments are on schedule with budget for the whole business year
GENEART AG, global leader in gene synthesis and specialist in the field of Synthetic Biology, increased its net sales during the first quarter 2010 by about 13% from EUR 4.0M to EUR 4.6M compared to the previous year's reference period. EBITDA reached EUR 0.5M and thus exceeded the result of the first quarter 2009 by EUR 0.1M. Based on net sales, the EBITDA margin increased during the first three months from 9.8% to 11.7%. EBIT reached EUR 79 thousand during the first quarter (previous year: EUR 9 thousand). The EBIT margin therefore increased from 0.2% to 1.7%.
Due to investments in Research & Development and the increase of the automation level over the last two years, production capacities have been expanded and production costs per unit were reduced further. Simultaneously, these investments resulted in higher budgeted depreciation and thus in initially higher fixed costs. Although material costs increased slightly in absolute figures during the first quarter, the cost of material ratio was lowered slightly from 24.0% to 22.0% compared to the previous year's reference period due to several mid-size orders, among other factors. Increased utilization of production capacities resulted in a decrease of the personnel cost ratio by 7.5 percentage points from 55.3% to 47.8% during the reporting period. The ratio for other operating expenses was reduced as well.
Approximately 87% of net sales were generated by the segment Custom Gene Synthesis & Services during the first quarter, and the remainder by the Downstream Services segment. 57% of total net sales were allocated to Europe, 34% to North America, and 9% to the rest of the world.
GENEART continues to follow its long-term growth strategy in 2010. However, budgeting and forecasting for 2010 is impeded by a continually challenging economic environment and the cautious behavior of customers when placing major orders related thereto, as well as short-term purchasing attitudes. Therefore GENEART expects moderate business growth for the first six months of 2010. The economic environment is expected to improve during the second half of the year, and the associated return to higher growth rates. On the earnings side, GENEART pursues further flexibilization of its cost structures and additional reduction of production costs per unit to be able to meet short-term demand fluctuations. Assuming an overall more normal economic situation during the second half of 2010, GENEART expects net sales between EUR 18.5M and 19.5M and EBIT between EUR 0.5M and EUR 0.6M for the current fiscal year.
This document may contain estimates, prognoses and opinions about company plans and objectives, products or services, future results, opinions about these results or opinions leading up to these results. All these projections into the future are subject to risk, uncertainty and unforeseeable change outside the control of the GENEART Group. Many factors may lead to actual results, which considerably deviate from the given projections for these results.
In case of queries, please contact
Dr. Karoline Stürmer
Investor Relations Management
Phone: +49 (0)941 942 76-417
Fax: +49 (0)941 942 76-711
Better Orange IR & HV AG
Phone: +49 (0)89 88 96 906-10
Fax: +49 (0)89 88 96 906-66
About GENEART AG
In 2000 GENEART entered the Gene Synthesis market and has since become the global market leader. Today, the company is one of the leading specialists in the Synthetic Biology field. Experts at GENEART provide key technologies for the development and production of new therapeutics and vaccines. Customers also take advantage of GENEART services to customize enzyme attributes, such as the attributes of enzymes used as detergent additives, and to construct bacteria, which produce complex biopolymers or break down polymers, such as synthetics, petroleum components, etc. GENEART's service portfolio ranges from the optimization and production of synthetic genes according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008, to the generation of gene variants or complex gene libraries and the production of cell lines, to the development and production of DNA and protein based drug candidates. GENEART AG in Regensburg and its subsidiaries GENEART Inc. in Toronto (Canada) and GENEART Inc. in San Francisco (USA) employ about 180 people. The company is listed on the German Stock Exchange since May 2006. Since April 2010, the US-American Life Technologies Corporation, one of the leading biotechnology companies worldwide with 2009 revenues of 3.3B U.S. dollars and about 9,000 employees, is majority shareholder of GENEART AG.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Global Headquarters". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Partners with Hamilton Bonaduz AG to Accelerate Automation Platforms Access for Forensic Customers". South San Francisco, CA & Bonaduz....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/1/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Expands Offering for Clinical Applications at AACC 2016". Philadeliphia, PA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: New Gas Chromatography System Brings Power of Orbitrap GC-MS Technology to Routine Applications". Sunnyvale, CA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (7/1/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Receives FDA Clearance for Expanded Use of VIDAS B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Test for Managing Sepsis Patients with Elevated Risk of Mortality". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/8/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Recognizes Tandem Mass Tag Grant Award Winners at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)