Document › Details
GATC Biotech AG. (3/10/08). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Opens new Subsidiary in Stockholm, Sweden".
|Organisation||GATC Biotech AG|
|Group||GATC Biotech (Group)|
|Organisation 2||GATC Biotech AB|
|Group||GATC Biotech (Group)|
|Product 2||DNA sequencing service|
|Index term 2||GATC Biotech–Applera: Solid™ DNA sequencing system, 200707 supply >€2m for add ultra high throughput DNA analysis at GATC in Constance|
|Person||Nystroem, Katarina (GATC 200803– Sales Manager Stockholm)|
|Person 2||Pohl, Peter (GATC Biotech AG 200611 CEO)|
GATC Biotech, Europe’s leading DNA sequencing service provider, announced today that it has added to its facilities with a wholly owned subsidiary in Stockholm, Sweden, building on the Company’s existing presence in Europe with offices in Germany, France and England. The new subsidiary will provide expanded sales and support services in Scandinavia in order to meet growing demand for GATC Biotech’s services.
GATC Biotech saw rapid expansion during 2007, increasing its production capacity from 15.6 to 250 gigabases per year and growing from 45 employees at the end of 2006 to 62 by the end of 2007. In November last year, GATC Biotech announced the launch of its human genome sequencing service, and in January founded the subsidiary company, LifeCode AG. LifeCode is the first web-based information service for the storage and utilisation of biological and medical data for the analysis of genetic codes and protein codes in the EU. Further recruitment during the first quarter of this year demonstrates the Company’s commitment to sustained development. The Company is the only sequencing service provider in the world to have all leading sequencing technologies (SOLiD™, GS FLX™ and Genome Analyzer™) in-house.
Katarina Nystroem, Sales Manager at the Stockholm office, said: “We are focused on providing a personalised and efficient service for our customers. The decision to open a subsidiary in Stockholm will enable GATC Biotech to be closer to our rapidly developing Scandinavian client base.”
Peter Pohl, CEO of GATC Biotech, commented: “I’m delighted to announce the opening of the Stockholm office. The addition of this new subsidiary and increase in services and production capacity will serve to strengthen the Company’s position as the leading sequencing service provider in Europe.”
GATC Biotech AG
Senior Director Marketing
Record changed: 2016-07-31
More documents for GATC Biotech (Group)
-  GATC Biotech AG. (11/2/16). "Press Release: Find All Metagenomes. GATC Biotech Introduces New Products for Taxonomic and Functional Profiling". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (6/9/16). "Press Release: Liquid Biopsy Test – GATCLiquid OncoTarget – Expanded to Cover Blood Cancers such as Acute Myeloid Leukaemia". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (2/10/16). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Offers the First Global Liquid Biopsy Service for Clinical Research and Translational Medicine". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (10/6/15). "Press Release: GATC Biotech’s MycoPlasmaCheck Improves Validity in Cell Culture Research". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (3/19/15). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Becomes First European Services Provider Offering Full Access to Qiagen’s Ingenuity Variant Analysis". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (12/3/14). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Lifts Next Generation Sequencing Services with NGSelect to the Next Level. Customers Benefit from a Modular Set-up Which Meets Frequent Scientific Needs". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (12/2/14). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Releases Future Oriented Portfolio Structure. Customer Will Benefit from Enhanced User Friendliness – Tripartition Facilitates a Clear and Intuitive Structure". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (5/16/14). "Press Release: Strategic Alliance between MolecularHealth and GATC Biotech. Partners in Personalised Medicine – Jointly Individualising Cancer Therapy". Heidelberg & Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (1/10/14). "Press Release: MolecularHealth Partners with GATC Biotech for Genetic Sequencing Technology and Expertise". The Woodlands, TX....
-  LifeCodexx AG. (7/8/13). "Press Release: Improved PrenaTest Provides Early Knowledge for High Risk Pregnancies. PrenaTest Can Now Be Performed after the Ninth Week of Pregnancy". Constance....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)