Document › Details
GATC Biotech AG. (3/19/15). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Becomes First European Services Provider Offering Full Access to Qiagen’s Ingenuity Variant Analysis". Constance.
|Organisation||GATC Biotech AG|
|Group||GATC Biotech (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Qiagen Redwood City|
|Product||Ingenuity® Variant Analysis™|
|Product 2||InView™ sequencing service|
|Index term||GATC Biotech–Qiagen: genomic s/w, 201503– license to Ingenuity Variant Analysis s/w + integration w InView Human Exome|
|Person||Benz, Marcus (GATC Biotech 200706– COO joined GATC 2000 as Head Quality Management)|
> InViewTM Human Exome and QIAGEN’s software a perfect match
> Agreement provides comprehensive data analysis and interpretation to next generation sequencing customers of GATC Biotech
> Highest data quality paired with world-class bioinformatics analysis for exome sequencing experiments
GATC Biotech announced today the integration of QIAGEN’s Ingenuity® Variant AnalysisTM solution to complement their InViewTM Human Exome, providing customers of GATC Biotech an integrated solution to analyse and interpret their exome sequencing data to identify causal variants.
“This new commercial agreement with QIAGEN provides our customers with access to QIAGEN's web-based software solution enabling rapid analysis and interpretation of next generation sequencing (NGS) data in terms of relevant genetic variations. We are eager to offer them a unique, fully integrated one-stop solution. This was the key motivator behind GATC Biotech choosing QIAGEN’s Ingenuity® Variant Analysis making this solution is a perfect match. Integrating this software tool with our InViewTM Human Exome product enables us to provide superior accuracy and ease of use for end-users like clinical and laboratory geneticists and other professionals investigating links between known mutations and rare diseases,” said Dr. Marcus Benz, Chief Operating Officer of GATC Biotech.
QIAGEN’s Ingenuity® Variant Analysis is a web-based software application quickly filtering genetic variants to identify those most likely to cause disease and providing researchers a powerful platform for efficiently evaluating data generated by high-throughput NGS technologies. It is built on the Ingenuity Knowledge Base, the most extensive manually curated, integrated repository of genomic information, scientific literature, and public databases.
“QIAGEN’s comprehensive portfolio of bioinformatics applications enables commercial service providers to deliver more compelling, accurate, and actionable results to their customers. We are pleased to partner with a leading sequencing service provider such as GATC Biotech.” said Jason T. Gammack, Vice President of QIAGEN Advanced Genomics and Head of Global Commercial Operations. “QIAGEN’s Ingenuity® Variant Analysis application will help GATC Biotech’s customers to quickly sift through millions of variants and identify causal variants based upon known relationships with pathways, genes, biological processes, and diseases.”
“Next generation sequencing has the potential to transform the market of human diagnostics. However, there is an urgent need for an optimised and scalable interpretation of clinical variants,” said Benjamin Moingeon, GATC Biotech’s Director of Sales. “In our efforts to provide customers the best possible service, this software tool will enable us to provide world-class data analysis for our InViewTM Human Exome product” he added.
About GATC Biotech
GATC Biotech, a family-owned business, is Europe’s leading service provider of DNA and RNA sequencing. For over two decades, the company has offered sequencing and bioinformatics solutions from single samples up to large scale projects. During this time, GATC Biotech has developed to a renowned brand, not only mastering a broad range of technologies and related downstream data analysis, but also processing millions of customer samples in professional quality and ready for diagnostic purposes.
The company offers true multiplatform sequencing using all leading sequencing technologies in its own labs. Its headquarter in Constance, Germany houses its ISO 17025 certified Genome and Diagnostic Centre with focus on next and third generation sequencing. The European Custom Sequencing Centre located in Cologne, Germany focuses on Sanger sequencing. This advantageous location ensures fast and efficient logistics. All laboratories have highly integrated and fully automated processing pipelines, ensuring full compliance with latest state-of-the-art quality standards.
Please visit www.gatc-biotech.com for more information.
About QIAGEN Redwood City
Formerly Ingenuity Systems, QIAGEN’s Center of Excellence in Biological Interpretation is based in Redwood City, California. It is powered by Ingenuity® technologies and is the global leading provider of biomedical information and analysis solutions for the exploration, interpretation and analysis of complex biological systems in life science research and molecular diagnostics. Today QIAGEN’s Ingenuity solutions are used by tens of thousands of researchers and clinicians at hundreds of leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic, diagnostic and clinical institutions worldwide.
QIAGEN N.V., a Netherlands-based holding company, is the leading global provider of Sample to Insight solutions to transform biological materials into valuable molecular insights. QIAGEN sample technologies isolate and process DNA, RNA and proteins from blood, tissue and other materials. Assay technologies make these biomolecules visible and ready for analysis. Bioinformatics software and knowledge bases interpret data to report relevant, actionable insights. Automation solutions tie these together in seamless and cost-effective molecular testing workflows. QIAGEN provides these workflows to more than 500,000 customers around the world in Molecular Diagnostics (human healthcare), Applied Testing (forensics, veterinary testing and food safety), Pharma (pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies) and Academia (life sciences research). As of December 31, 2014, QIAGEN employed approximately 4,300 people in over 35 locations worldwide. Further information can be found at http://www.qiagen.com
Contact GATC Biotech
Dr. Helge Schnerr
GATC Biotech AG
Phone: +49 (0) 7531 81 60 4117
Contact Qiagen Redwood City
Qiagen Redwood City
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for GATC Biotech (Group)
-  GATC Biotech AG. (11/2/16). "Press Release: Find All Metagenomes. GATC Biotech Introduces New Products for Taxonomic and Functional Profiling". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (6/9/16). "Press Release: Liquid Biopsy Test – GATCLiquid OncoTarget – Expanded to Cover Blood Cancers such as Acute Myeloid Leukaemia". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (2/10/16). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Offers the First Global Liquid Biopsy Service for Clinical Research and Translational Medicine". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (10/6/15). "Press Release: GATC Biotech’s MycoPlasmaCheck Improves Validity in Cell Culture Research". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (12/3/14). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Lifts Next Generation Sequencing Services with NGSelect to the Next Level. Customers Benefit from a Modular Set-up Which Meets Frequent Scientific Needs". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (12/2/14). "Press Release: GATC Biotech Releases Future Oriented Portfolio Structure. Customer Will Benefit from Enhanced User Friendliness – Tripartition Facilitates a Clear and Intuitive Structure". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (5/16/14). "Press Release: Strategic Alliance between MolecularHealth and GATC Biotech. Partners in Personalised Medicine – Jointly Individualising Cancer Therapy". Heidelberg & Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (1/10/14). "Press Release: MolecularHealth Partners with GATC Biotech for Genetic Sequencing Technology and Expertise". The Woodlands, TX....
-  LifeCodexx AG. (7/8/13). "Press Release: Improved PrenaTest Provides Early Knowledge for High Risk Pregnancies. PrenaTest Can Now Be Performed after the Ninth Week of Pregnancy". Constance....
-  GATC Biotech AG. (11/8/12). "Press Release: Unravelling the Origins of European Agriculture. GATC Biotech Joins a New EU Research Network for Young Researchers"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)