Document › Details
Evotec AG. (3/26/15). "Press Release: Asahi Kasei Pharma Selects Evotec as Its Partner for Ion Channel Drug Discovery". Hamburg.
|Organisation 2||Asahi Kasei Pharma Corporation|
|Group||Asahi Kasei Corporation (Group)|
|Product||drug screening (service)|
|Product 2||drug discovery|
|Index term||Asahi Kasei–Evotec: drug discovery, 201503– supply service €na screening for inhibitors of ion channel targets|
|Person||Polywka, Mario (Evotec 201201 COO)|
Evotec AG (Frankfurt Stock Exchange: EVT, TecDAX, ISIN: DE0005664809) today announced it has entered into a multi-target screening collaboration on several ion channel targets, with Asahi Kasei Pharma Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Asahi Kasei Corporation, Tokyo, Japan.
Under the terms of the agreement, Evotec will use its world-class ion channel platform to identify inhibitors of multiple ion channel targets.
Dr Mario Polywka, Chief Operating Officer of Evotec, stated: "We are extremely pleased that Asahi Kasei Pharma has decided to undertake these projects with Evotec. Our expertise and platform on ion channel drug discovery has proven to add significant value to our partner's programmes and we look forward to supporting Asahi Kasei Pharma in their own ion channel drug discovery efforts."
Financial terms were not disclosed.
ABOUT ASAHI KASEI
The Asahi Kasei Group is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the chemicals and fibers, homes and construction materials, electronics, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for acute critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals, diagnostic reagents, and nutritional products. With more than 29,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/asahi/en/.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS - Information set forth in this press release contains forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements contained herein represent the judgement of Evotec as of the date of this report. Such forward-looking statements are neither promises nor guarantees, but are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control, and which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in these forward-looking statements. We expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any such statements to reflect any change in our expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Evotec (Group)
-  Evotec AG. (2/9/17). "Press Release: Novo A/S Becomes New Long-term Strategic Shareholder in Evotec". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Evotec to Attend Three Upcoming Investor Conferences". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/19/17). "Press Release: Evotec Enters into an Integrated Drug Discovery Collaboration with Asahi Kasei Pharma (Japan)". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/17/17). "Press Release: Evotec and MaRS Innovation Establish Strategic Partnership to Launch Fibrocor Therapeutics". Toronto, ON & Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/12/17). "Press Release: Haplogen’s Novel Antiviral Target Partnered with Evotec Published in »Nature«". Vienna, Amsterdam & Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/9/17). "Press Release: Evotec and Eternygen to Develop Novel Metabolic Disease Therapy". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (12/15/16). "Press Release: Evotec and Celgene Enter into Drug Discovery Collaboration for Neurodegenerative Diseases". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (12/15/16). "Press Release: Evotec Completes Acquisition of Cyprotex plc". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (12/9/16). "Press Release: Evotec and Forge Therapeutics Form Strategic »Superbug« Alliance". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Evotec and Merck Enter into Agreements to Collaborate on Target Discovery Technologies". Hamburg....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)