Document › Details
Evonik Industries AG. (3/11/15). "Press Release: Evonik Wants to Acquire Monarch Catalyst in India".
|Organisation||Evonik Industries AG|
|Organisation 2||Monarch Catalyst Pvt. Ltd.|
|Index term||Monarch Catalyst–Evonik: investment, 201503– acquisition 100% €na ANNOUNCED|
Evonik Industries AG, Essen (Germany) intends to strengthen its global catalysts business. On March 11, 2015, Evonik has signed an agreement with Monarch Catalyst Pvt. Ltd., Dombivli (India) to acquire 100% of the company’s shares. The transaction is expected to close during the first half year of 2015 after the required approvals have been received. The parties have agreed to keep the purchase price confidential.
Evonik with its Business Line Catalysts is a global leader in producing specialty catalysts, custom catalysts and catalysts components for the Life Sciences & Fine Chemicals, Industrial & Petrochemical and Polyolefines market segments. This bolt-on acquisition in India with annual sales in the low double-digit million € range complements Evonik’s leading positions in activated base metal catalysts and precious metal catalysts. Monarch’s global oils & fats hydrogenation catalysts business is a broadening of the Evonik catalysts portfolio. Monarch Catalyst has about 300 employees.
Evonik, the creative industrial group from Germany, is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. Profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. Its activities focus on the key megatrends health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. Evonik benefits specifically from its innovative prowess and integrated technology platforms.
Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. In fiscal 2014 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €12.9 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €1.9 billion. For more information about Evonik Industries visit www.evonik.com.
Monarch is a family owned enterprise founded in 1973 by Dr K Muthukumar and Shantibhai Vadalia with its production site in Dombivli / India, near Mumbai. It is recognized as a global catalyst supplier and respected for its consciousness and efficient use of resources. For more information about Monarch visit www.monarchcatalyst.com.
Avendus Capital Pvt. Ltd. was the sole financial advisor to Monarch Catalyst for the transaction.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.
Contact person economic press
Deputy Head Corporate Press
+49 201 177-3167
+49 201 177-3030
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Evonik (Group)
-  Evonik Industries AG. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Venture Capital. Evonik Invests in Irish Medical Device Company Vivasure Medical". Essen....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (2/3/16). "Press Release: Evonik Enters into Research Partnership with Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai for Research & Development". Essen....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (1/21/16). "Press Release: Venture Capital – Evonik Invests in Synoste, a Medical Technology Start-up in Düsseldorf and Helsinki". Essen....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (1/15/16). "Press Release: Evonik Expands Venture Capital Activities into Asia. Evonik Is Investing in Chinese Venture Capital Fund GRC SinoGreen Fund III". Essen....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (12/15/15). "Press Release: Enzymes from Evonik to Become Potential Competitors for Petroleum. Evonik Researchers and Scientists at Graz University Discover Biotechnology Access to 1-alkenes". Essen....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (7/29/15). "Press Release: DSM Nutritional Products Ltd. and Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH to Develop Algae-based Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Animal Nutrition"....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (2/3/15). "Press Release: Evonik Explores Collaboration with Scientists of Technion". Essen....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (1/29/15). "Press Release: Venture Capital – Evonik Invests in Finnish Nanophotonics Company". Essen....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (1/9/15). "Press Release: New Chief Innovation Officer at Evonik". Essen....
-  Evonik Industries AG. (7/16/14). "Press Release: Evonik Invests in Biosynthetic Technologies. Biosysnthetic Technologies Markets Innovative, Biodegradable, High-performance Lubricants – Vegetable Oils Used as Raw Material"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)