Document › Details
Eppendorf AG. (5/26/15). "Press Release: Eppendorf Back on Sound Course for Growth. Sales increase 5.7% – Income from Operations (EBIT) of approximately €95.7 Million". Hamburg.
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Product 2||consumables, laboratory|
|Person||Ammermann, Detmar (Eppendorf 2006 CFO joined in 1992)|
|Person 2||Franz, Oliver (Eppendorf 200804 Executive Director Portfolio Management PCR + Automation)|
In fiscal year 2014, the Eppendorf Group achieved sales of €531.1 million (prior year: €502.7 million), corresponding to a 5.7% increase when adjusted for currency effects. Income from operations (EBIT) rose to €95.7 million (prior year: €93.8 million), and 2014 net income declined to €65.7 million (prior year: €67.5 million).
In addition, significant capital investments were made in the further expansion of the company's sales structures and the set-up of production facilities, i.e. for the introduction of new product lines. Expenses for research and development also increased to €29.4 million (prior year: €28.2 million). The number of employees rose to 2,927 worldwide (prior year: 2,848).
Detmar Ammermann, Spokesman of the Management Board and Eppendorf's Chief Financial Officer: “The outstanding performance of our employees, our rigorous implementation of our strategies and the positive developments on the market all resulted in very positive sales growth of 5.7%. On the basis of this solid result, we will continue to pursue our strategic goals and increase customer benefit sustainably.”
About Eppendorf AG
Eppendorf is a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services for liquid handling, sample handling, and cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Its product range includes pipettes and automated pipetting systems, dispensers, centrifuges, mixers, spectrometers, and DNA amplification equipment as well as ultra-low temperature freezers, fermentors, bioreactors, CO2 incubators, shakers, and cell manipulation systems. Consumables such as pipette tips, test tubes, microliter plates, and disposable bioreactors complement the range of highest-quality premium products.
Eppendorf products are most broadly used in academic and commercial research laboratories, e.g., in companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnological as well as the chemical and food industries. They are also aimed at clinical and environmental analysis laboratories, forensics, and at industrial laboratories performing process analysis, production, and quality assurance.
Eppendorf was founded in Hamburg, Germany in 1945 and has about 2,930 employees worldwide. The company has subsidiaries in 25 countries and is represented in all other markets by distributors.
Dr. Oliver Franz
Phone: +49 40 538 01-801
Fax: +49 40 538 01-662
22339 Hamburg, Germany
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Eppendorf (Group)
-  Eppendorf AG. (1/13/17). "Press Release: William Linton Is New Member of the Supervisory Board". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Eppendorf AG Acquires Calibration Technology Ltd". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Changes in the Management Board of Eppendorf AG". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Eppendorf Continues on Course for Success. Group Sales in First Half-year: €305.5 million (Sales Growth of 5.5%)". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (8/16/16). "Press Release: »Form follows function«. Safe and Contact-free Pipetting with epT.I.P.S. 5 mL L Tips". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Philipp von Loeper to Be New Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Eppendorf AG. Klaus Fink Resigns as Chairman after Five Years". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (5/30/16). "Press Release: Eppendorf Expands Single-use Vessel Portfolio for Microbial Fermentation". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (5/2/16). "Press Release: Advanced Pipetting with Eppendorf’s New Multipettes/Repeaters Takes the Strain Out of Serial Dispensing". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (5/2/16). "Press Release: Eppendorf Centrifuge 5920 R. The New Benchmark in Capacity and Performance". Hamburg....
-  Eppendorf AG. (5/2/16). "Press Release: The New Eppendorf Tubes 5.0 mL with Screw Cap". Hamburg....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)