Document › Details
Epigenomics AG. (3/25/15). "Press Release: Epigenomics Announces Completion of Enrollment in Epi proColon ADMIT Trial". Berlin & Germantown, MD.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Epigenomics AG (Frankfurt Prime Standard: ECX, OTCQX: EPGNY)|
|Organisation 2||Kaiser Permanente|
|Product||Epi proColon® blood test|
|Product 2||clinical research|
|Person||Taapken, Thomas (Medigene 201701– CFO before Epigenomics + Biotie/elbion + DVC + Burrill + Hoechst)|
Epigenomics AG (Frankfurt Prime Standard: ECX, OTCQX: EPGNY), the German-American cancer molecular diagnostics company, today announced the completion of subject enrollment into its ADMIT trial (ADherence to Minimally Invasive Testing - NCT02251782) for its non-invasive blood-based test for colorectal cancer (CRC) screening, Epi proColon®. The Company expects to announce results from this study during the second quarter of 2015.
Epigenomics has successfully completed enrollment in the ADMIT clinical trial this week. Study subjects were identified as historically non-compliant to CRC screening according to current screening guidelines by its partners, Kaiser Permanente and Geisinger Health Systems, who actively manage CRC screening programs in the U.S.A. Subjects were invited to a clinic visit and once enrolled into the trial, were randomized to either the FIT test to take home to complete and send back within six weeks, or to a blood draw for the Epi proColon® test, to be completed in the same time frame.
The trial was requested by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the context of Epigenomics' pre-market approval (PMA) application for Epi proColon®. It was designed to compare adherence to CRC screening in subjects offered blood-based testing with Epi proColon® to stool-based testing with a fecal immunochemical test (FIT), a guideline recommended method. The primary endpoint is a statistically significant increase in adherence to testing by subjects offered the Epi proColon® test compared to subjects given the FIT test. The study's secondary objectives include a measurement of compliance to colonoscopy in subjects with positive result for either test.
Trial results will be submitted to the FDA following data analysis after completion of the six week response window.
"We are encouraged and excited that we have reached our goal of achieving this important milestone", stated Dr. Thomas Taapken, CEO/CFO of Epigenomics. "We thank our partners Kaiser Permanente and Geisinger Health System for their strong support in the conduct of this trial and, more than ever, we look forward to having the opportunity of offering screening eligible adults in the United States an easy, non-invasive option for regular colorectal cancer screening once we receive approval from the FDA."
Contact Epigenomics AG
Antje Zeise, Manager IR | PR
Tel +49 (0) 30 24345 386
For US press inquiries:
20271 Goldenrod Lane, Suite 2027
Germantown, Maryland 20876
Epigenomics (www.epigenomics.com) is a molecular diagnostics company developing and commercializing innovative products for cancer. The Company's products enable doctors to diagnose cancer earlier and more accurately, leading to improved outcomes for patients. Epigenomics' lead product, Epi proColon®, is a blood-based test for the early detection of colorectal cancer, which is currently marketed in Europe, has received approval by the Chinese Food and Drug Administration for China and is under regulatory review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Additionally, the Company markets its tissue assay for use in lung cancer diagnosis, Epi proLung®, in Europe. The Company's technology and products have been validated through multiple partnerships with leading global diagnostic companies and testing laboratories. Epigenomics is an international company with operations in Europe and the U.S.A.
Epigenomics legal disclaimer
This communication expressly or implicitly contains certain forward-looking statements concerning Epigenomics AG and its business. Such statements involve certain known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which could cause the actual results, financial condition, performance or achievements of Epigenomics AG to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Epigenomics AG is providing this communication as of this date and does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements contained herein as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. The information contained in this communication does not constitute nor imply an offer to sell or transfer any product, and no product based on this technology is currently available for sale by Epigenomics in the United States or Canada. The analytical and clinical performance characteristics of any Epigenomics product based on this technology which may be sold at some future time in the U.S. have not been established.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Epigenomics (Group)
-  Epigenomics AG. (3/3/17). "Press Release: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Awards Supply Contract for Epi proColon". Berlin & Germantown, MD....
-  Medigene AG. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Medigene Appoints Dr. Thomas Taapken as Chief Financial Officer". Martinsried....
-  Epigenomics AG. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Epigenomics AG Issues New Shares by Way of Private Placement [Not for distribution in the United States of America]". Berlin....
-  Epigenomics AG. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Epigenomics AG to Participate in Investor Conferences". Berlin & Germantown, MD....
-  Epigenomics AG. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Epigenomics AG Announces 2016 Third Quarter and Nine Months Financial Results and Reports on Operational Highlights". Berlin & Germantown, MD....
-  Epigenomics AG. (11/7/16). "Press Release: Ad hoc Release – Epigenomics AG Issues New Shares by Way of Private Placement [Not for distribution in the United States of America]". Berlin....
-  Epigenomics AG. (11/8/16). "Press Release: ARUP Laboratories to Offer Epi proColon, Epigenomics’ Blood-Based Colorectal Cancer Screening Test". Berlin & Germantown, MD....
-  Epigenomics AG. (8/10/16). "Press Release: Epigenomics AG Announces 2016 Second Quarter and Six Months Financial Results and Reports on Operational Highlights". Berlin & Germantown, MD....
-  Epigenomics AG. (8/10/16). "Press Release: Epigenomics AG Confidentially Submits Draft Registration Statement for Potential U.S. Public Offering of ADSs". Berlin & Germantown, MD....
-  Epigenomics AG. (6/30/16). "Press Release: Supervisory Board of Epigenomics AG Appoints Gregory Hamilton as Chief Executive Officer (CEO)". Berlin & Germantown, MD....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)