Document › Details
Endress+Hauser AG. (9/27/13). "Press Release: Endress+Hauser Prepares Offer for Analytik Jena. Swiss Measurement Technology Specialist Gains Control".
As of 26 September 2013 Endress+Hauser holds 47.33 percent of shares in German-based Analytik Jena AG, 22.99 percent directly and 24.34 percent indirectly. Accordingly, the Group is preparing a mandatory offer to the company's shareholders.
Following last Thursday's clearance from the German Federal Cartel Office, Endress+Hauser (Deutschland) AG+Co. KG is able to acquire the shares originally held by the Netherlands-based Verder Group, along with unsubscribed shares from the recent increase of capital stock. "Accordingly, we yesterday published the fact of having gained control over Analytik Jena, together with our decision to issue a mandatory offer," stated Dr Heiner Zehntner of the Endress+Hauser Group's Executive Board.
The offer price of 13.75 euros per share lies above prices paid by Endress+Hauser for stakes in Analytik Jena during the period leading up to the offer. "We consider this to be a fair and just offer in light of the company's present position and future prospects," added Dr Luc Schultheiss, CFO of the Endress+Hauser Group.
The government of Thuringia, a German federal state, and Klaus Berka, founder and CEO of Analytik Jena, both welcomed Endress+Hauser's increased holding. The Free State of Thuringia currently owns 17.79 percent of Analytik Jena via a fund managed by bm-t, an investment company; Klaus Berka holds 9.93 percent of the company. At a later date both shareholders will negotiate on selling their respective tranches. Discussion will focus on the company's future direction and its integration with the Endress+Hauser Group.
Klaus Berka signalized his desire for involvement with this process, subject to extension of his contract by the supervisory board of Analytik Jena. "We are pleased that Mr Berka has agreed to stay on as CEO and continue running the company after its acquisition by Endress+Hauser," stated Klaus Endress, CEO of the Endress+Hauser Group.
Analytik Jena to remain independent
Endress+Hauser is expressly committed to the Jena location. "We want Analytik Jena to remain an independent company," emphasized Klaus Endress. Already a leading provider of process instrumentation, with this acquisition the family-owned business aims to develop a presence in laboratory analysis, too. Analytik Jena is active in classical analytical instrumentation as well as in biotechnology and molecular diagnostics.
Endress+Hauser will be strengthening and extending Analytik Jena's worldwide sales to the laboratory sector. Klaus Endress also sees promising potential applications for laboratory instrumentation technology in process instrumentation, and vice versa. "Looking ahead, we will be present with our instrumentation from laboratories, through pilot plants, to industrial production," said the Group's CEO. "Both companies stand to profit from this."
The Endress+Hauser Group
Endress+Hauser is a global leader in measurement instrumentation, services and solutions for industrial process engineering. The Group employs more than 10,000 personnel across the globe, generating net sales of 1.7 billion euros in 2012.
With dedicated sales centers and a strong network of partners, Endress+Hauser guarantees competent worldwide support. Our production centers in 11 countries meet customers' needs and requirements quickly and effectively. The Group is managed and coordinated by a holding company in Reinach, Switzerland. As a successful family-owned business, Endress+Hauser is set for continued independence and self-reliance.
Endress+Hauser provides sensors, instruments, systems and services for level, flow, pressure and temperature measurement as well as analytics and data acquisition. The company supports customers with automation engineering, logistics and IT services and solutions. Our products set standards in quality and technology.
We work closely with the chemical, petrochemical, food & beverage, oil & gas, water & wastewater, power & energy, life science, primaries & metal, renewable energies, pulp & paper and shipbuilding industries. Endress+Hauser supports its customers in optimizing their processes in terms of reliability, safety, economic efficiency and environmental impact.
Founded in 1953 by Georg H Endress and Ludwig Hauser, Endress+Hauser has been solely owned by the Endress family since 1975. Led by Klaus Endress since 1995, the Group has developed from a specialist in level measurement to a provider of complete solutions for industrial measuring technology and automation, with constant expansion into new territories and markets.
For further information, please visit www.press.endress.com or www.endress.com
Corporate Director Corporate Communications
Phone +41 61 715 7729
Fax +41 61 715 2888
4153 Reinach BL 1
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Endress+Hauser (Group)
-  Analytik Jena AG. (3/21/17). "Press Release: compEAct – a New Benchmark in TN and TS Analysis of Organic Sample Matrices". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Finds Entry into the Ultra-High Throughput Genotyping Market through Co-Marketing Agreement with Illumina". Jena & San Diego, CA....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/20/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Presents Innovative Applications for Its Elite Product Range of ICP-MS and ICP-OES Instruments at EWCPS 2017". Jena & Sankt Anton....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/9/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Wins New Product Award for Innovation in Nucleic Acid Extraction at SLAS 2017". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena and Fresenius University of Applied Sciences Open the Rhein-Main Application Center". Idstein & Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/16/16). "Press Release: Ulrich Krauss to Succeed Analytik Jena Founder Klaus Berka as CEO on October 1, 2016". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Joint Appearance at ILMAC. Endress+Hauser and Analytik Jena Present Themselves at Leading Swiss Industry Trade Fair". Basel & Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (5/11/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Introduces New Generation of contrAA High-Resolution Continuum Source AA Spectrometers". Munich....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (5/9/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena to Launch “SmartExtraction” Global Innovation at Analytica 2016 in Munich". Jena....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)