Document › Details
Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH. (3/31/15). "Press Release: Direvo Announces the USPTO Issuance of a Patent Claiming the Use of Enzyme Mixes In Biorefineries". Cologne.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH (Direvo IBT)|
|Group||Direvo Industrial Biotechnology (Group)|
|Organisation 2||US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||BluZy™- enzyme technology|
|Person||Riesmeier, Jörg (Direvo Industrial Biotechnology 201005 CEO– before COO since 201001 before LSP General Partner)|
Today, Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office has issued a patent for the optimization of bioethanol production and its co-products based on enzyme technology. With its thirty claims, the US patent 8,962,286 leverages Direvo's BluZy® products across a range of applications vital to the economics of the bioethanol industry.
The patent describes enzyme-based technologies which are used to improve the economics of biorefineries with an emphasis on ethanol production from corn. "The $50bn US corn-ethanol market has long sought easy-to-implement and cost-efficient technologies to improve the economics of biorefineries" says Jorg Riesmeier, CEO of Direvo. "There are several parts of the process where economics can be improved and this is exactly the place where our BluZy products have a significant impact."
Direvo is developing a portfolio of BluZy® products targeting process efficiency, yield and co-product quality. Furthermore, the enzyme technology offers a multitude of other possibilities; Direvo is working on targeting applications in the animal feed and animal health markets.
"At Direvo, we can rely on decades of expertise and know-how complemented by a strong patent portfolio bringing innovation to the market and building successful businesses", announces Riesmeier.
About Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH
Direvo is a biotechnology company with focus on the biomass conversion industry. Direvo identifies bottlenecks and weaknesses in current industrial processes in this sector and develops and implements biology-based solutions together with large and small industrial partners. Direvo's products are newly designed enzymes and microorganisms of the highest quality that provide easy-to-implement, cost-effective solutions. Direvo's contribution assures that partners stay competitive and profitable while supporting them to make the future cleaner, greener and safer. More information about Direvo is available on www.direvo.com.
Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH
Phone +49 221-47448-110
Fax +49 221-47448-111
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Direvo Industrial Biotechnology (Group)
-  Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH. (5/15/13). "Press Release: BASF and Direvo Are Broadening Their Collaboration on Enzymes for Animal Nutrition". Cologne & Ludwigshafen....
-  Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH. (4/11/13). "Press Release: Direvo Is the Only Small-and-Medium-Enterprise Member of a Bioindustry Consortium for BRIDGE, the Strategic Public Private Partnership of European Commission for Biobased and Renewable Indu...
-  Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH. (3/18/13). "Press Release: Direvo Announces Successful Closure of 3.5 Million Euro Financing Round". Cologne....
-  Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH. (3/11/13). "Press Release: Direvo Reaches Milestone in Consolidated Bioprocessing of Lignocellulose to Lactic Acid". Cologne....
-  Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH. (10/8/12). "Press Release: New Innovative Enzyme Technologies Improving Economics for the Ethanol and Livestock Feeding Industries"....
-  BASF SE. (2/14/12). "Press Release: Direvo and BASF Announce Sale of Direvo’s Novel Engineered Enzyme to BASF". Ludwigshafen & Cologne....
-  Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH. (11/22/11). "Press Release: Direvo Appoints Industry Expert Dr. Prante to the Advisory Board"....
-  Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH. (11/9/11). "Press Release: Direvo Strengthens Management Team". Cologne....
-  Direvo Biotech AG. (9/16/08). "Press Release: Direvo Announces Sale of Its Subsidiary Direvo Industrial Biotechnology GmbH and Series A Financing". Cologne....
-  Direvo Biotech AG. (7/28/08). "Press Release: Direvo Announces Incorporation of Industrial Biotechnology Subsidiary". Cologne....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)