Document › Details
Debiopharm S.A.. (1/13/15). "Press Release: Debiopharm Diagnostics Leads Investment Round in GenePOC with Emerillon Capital". Lausanne.
|Organisation||Debiopharm Diagnostics S.A.|
|Organisation 2||GenePOC Inc. (CA)|
|Product||real-time PCR technology|
|Product 2||diagnostic test, rapid (point-of-care)|
|Index term||GenePOC–Debiopharm: investment, 201501 financing round led by Debiopharm Diagnostics + Emerillon Capital|
|Person||Deperthes, David (Debiopharm 201306 VP Business Development)|
|Person 2||Bergeron, Michel G. (Infectio Diagnostic 199501 founder)|
Debiopharm Diagnostics, part of Debiopharm Group™, is proud to be the lead investor in GenePOC, who are developing a highly innovative, low cost and quick MDx (Molecular Diagnostics) platform. Debiopharm Diagnostics led this investment round together with Emerillon Capital and will become the largest shareholder in GenePOC.
Prof. Michel G. Bergeron, Director and Founder of the Infectious Disease Research Center at Université Laval and Founder of GenePOC, with his research group, conceived this simple microfluidic real-time PCR device that is easy for almost anyone to operate whether at bedside, in the emergency room, in physician offices, in pharmacies, or even in dispensaries in the developing world. "It fulfils my dream of moving from classical Pasteur microbiology taking up to two days, to near patient <1h diagnostic results which guide appropriate management of patients on the spot," says Dr. Bergeron.
"The investment in GenePOC confirms our strong belief in the future success of Point of Care technologies. GenePOC technology has the potential to be a game changer and should be on the market in 2016." said David Deperthes, CEO of Debiopharm Diagnostics.
"With GenePOC's platform we will be able to revolutionize diagnosis of infectious diseases. It addresses the critical issues of rapidity and affordability, to give the first viable alternative to the current standard and time-consuming approach of microbial culture. We are delighted to have Debiopharm Diagnostics and Emerillon Capital as key investors," said Patrice Allibert, CEO of GenePOC.
Ludovic André, Managing Director of Emerillon Capital added: "GenePOC has the capability to offer a simple and accurate solution for Point of Care testing, and at an affordable cost which is pre-requisite to democratize this emerging diagnostic area. Emerillon is proud to support this project driven by a world-class team in the field of molecular diagnostic."
"With the emergence of bacterial antibiotic resistance the treatment paradigm needs to be changed and the new generation of targeted antibiotics will require associated rapid low-cost diagnostics. Our Group will continue to invest on both therapeutic and diagnostic sides to tackle this important issue," stated Thierry Mauvernay, Delegate of the Board, Debiopharm Group™.
About Debiopharm Diagnostics SA
Debiopharm Diagnostics' mission is to invest in innovative diagnostic companies developing platforms and content to complement in-house diagnostic activities, give insight into cutting-edge diagnostics and facilitate access to new technologies. Since 2008, Debiopharm Diagnostics has invested over USD 85 million and led 9 out of the 13 last investment rounds in its portfolio companies.
For more information, please visit: www.debiopharm.com
We are on Twitter. Follow us @DebiopharmNews at http://twitter.com/DebiopharmNews
Located in Québec city, Canada, GenePOC Inc. is a privately owned company that develops cost-effective and rapid molecular devices to detect genes at Point-of-Care. GenePOC has developed a simple and integrated portable instrument for the prevention and early detection of infectious diseases based on a unique centripetal technology platform. For more: www.genepoc-diagnostics.com/Home.shtml
About Emerillon Capital
Launched in Montreal in June 2013, Emerillon Capital is a $100M venture capital fund empowered by a strong transatlantic partnership between Groupe Crédit Mutuel – CIC and Mouvement Desjardins. Emerillon Capital is dedicated to support and develop technology companies in Canada and the northeastern USA.
For more: http://emerilloncapital.com/en/
Debiopharm International SA Contact
Tel: +41 (0)21 321 01 11
Tel: +1 418 650 3535
Tel : +1 514 281 2282
Additional Media Contacts
Tel: +44 (0)20 7379 5151
In New York
Russo Partners, LLC
Martina Schwarzkopf, Ph.D.
Tel: +1 212-845-4292
Record changed: 2016-04-23
More documents for Debiopharm (Group)
-  Debiopharm International SA. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Debiopharm International SA Reaches Important Development Milestones for its Staphylococcus-selective Antibiotic Debio 1450". Lausanne....
-  Debiopharm International SA. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Debiopharm International SA Announces Clinical Collaboration with the Merck-Pfizer Alliance in Cancer Immunotherapy". Lausanne....
-  Debiopharm S.A.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Debiopharm Invests Double Digit Millions in the Canadian Startup GenePOC, Specialized in the Development of Rapid Diagnostic Tests". Québec & Lausanne....
-  Debiopharm S.A.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: Debiopharm Acquires a Majority Holding in the Canadian Start-up GenePOC". Lausanne....
-  Debiopharm International SA. (9/8/15). "Press Release: Debiopharm International SA and Solid Biosciences, LLC, Announce a Collaboration to Explore the Use of Alisporivir (Debio 025) in Muscular Dystrophy". Lausanne & Cambridge, MA....
-  Debiopharm International SA. (6/16/15). "Press Release: Debiopharm International SA Acquires FibroTrap Sample Processing Technology from Spinomix". Lausanne....
-  Debiopharm International SA. (4/23/15). "Press Release: Debiopharm International SA Initiates Clinical Phase II Study Evaluating Debio 1450 in Staphylococcal Skin Infections". Lausanne....
-  Evotec AG. (4/2/14). "Press Release: Evotec and Debiopharm Group to Collaborate on Development of New Treatment for Cancer". Lausanne & Hamburg....
-  Debiopharm S.A.. (3/6/14). "Press Release: Debiopharm Group to Acquire Products or Companies to Expand Activities at Manufacturing Facility in Martigny (Valais, Switzerland)". Lausanne....
-  Debiopharm S.A.. (3/5/14). "Press Release: Immunexpress Closes USD 6 Million Financing Round Led by Debiopharm Group". Lausanne & Seattle, WA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)