Document › Details
CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (4/7/15). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics to Establish R&D Operations in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Company Appoints Bill Lundberg, M.D., as Chief Scientific Officer". Basel & Cambridge, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||CRISPR Therapeutics, R&D Operations Cambridge, MA|
|Group||CRISPR Therapeutics (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: ALXN)|
|Product||CRISPR gene editing technology|
|Person||Lundberg, Bill (CRISPR Therapeutics 201504– CMO + Head of RnD Operations in Cambridge MA before Alexion + Taligen)|
|Person 2||Novak, Rodger (CRISPR Therapeutics 201404 CEO before Sanofi + Nabriva GmbH)|
CRISPR Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company focused on translating CRISPR-Cas9 gene-editing technology into transformative medicines for serious human diseases, today announced the appointment of Bill Lundberg, M.D., to Chief Scientific Officer to lead the Company’s development programs and to spearhead the creation of its R&D operations in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
“We are committed to assembling the best and brightest to rapidly advance the promise of CRISPR-Cas9 into therapies that treat serious human diseases,” commented Dr. Rodger Novak, Chief Executive Officer of CRISPR Therapeutics. “We welcome Dr. Lundberg to our senior team as we accelerate our programs on both sides of the Atlantic. He brings significant experience in successfully translating research to clinical applications.”
“CRISPR-Cas9 is a breakthrough in our ability to treat serious diseases, and we are now focused on translating this discovery into important new therapies for patients,” stated Dr. Lundberg. “Our new Cambridge, Massachusetts, location provides us with close access to our academic founders and their extensive networks, as well as a large pool of scientific talent to drive our discovery and development programs.” The Cambridge, Massachusetts, facility will house R&D operations and business development. Current job openings are at www.crisprtx.com with additional job openings being posted in the coming weeks.
About Dr. Lundberg
Dr. Lundberg brings a strong track record to CRISPR Therapeutics. At Alexion Pharmaceuticals he was Vice President and Head of Translational Medicine, overseeing the progression of numerous compounds from early research to clinical proof-of-concept. Previously, Dr. Lundberg held senior positions at Taligen Therapeutics, Genzyme and Wyeth (now Pfizer) and led development programs in various disease areas. Dr. Lundberg trained in internal medicine and oncology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. He holds a Bachelor of Science in biology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, an M.D. from Stanford Medical School, and an MBA from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
About CRISPR Therapeutics
CRISPR Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company created to translate CRISPR-Cas9, a breakthrough gene-editing technology, into transformative medicines for serious human diseases. We were launched out of the Basel-based Versant Ventures offices in 2013 and have undertaken translational development programs in several important disease areas with our collaborators in Europe and the US. Our vision is to cure serious human diseases at the molecular level using CRISPR-Cas9. www.crisprtx.com.
MacDougall Biomedical Communications
Michelle Avery in US – firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (781) 235-3060
Anca Alexandru in Europe – email@example.com +49 (89) 2424-3494
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for CRISPR Therapeutics (Group)
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (2/15/17). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, Caribou Biosciences and ERS Genomics Provide Update on CRISPR/Cas9 U.S. Patent Interference Proceedings and Grants of Corresponding Patents in the U.K.". Basel...
-  Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Joint Statement of Intellia Therapeutics & CRISPR Therapeutics – Position Regarding Human Germline Gene Editing"....
-  ERS Genomics Ltd.. (12/16/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, Caribou Biosciences and ERS Genomics Announce Global Agreement on the Foundational Intellectual Property for CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Technology". Basel, et al.....
-  Casebia Therapeutics. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Casebia Therapeutics Announces Appointment of James W. Burns, Ph.D. as President and Chief Executive Officer". Cambridge, MA....
-  Carroll, John [Endpoints]. (9/9/16). "News: Gene Editing Star CRISPR Therapeutics Files for $90M IPO [incl. S-1 Filing]"....
-  Bayer AG. (8/19/16). "Press Release: Bayer and CRISPR Therapeutics Joint Venture, Named Casebia Therapeutics, Establishes Operations in Cambridge, MA". Leverkusen & Basel....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (6/24/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics Raises Additional $38M as Part of Series B Financing". Basel & Cambridge, MA....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (6/8/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics and Anagenesis Biotechnologies Announce Strategic In-Licensing and Collaboration Agreement to Develop CRISPR/Cas9-based Cell Therapies for Muscle Diseases". Basel & Illkirch Graffensta...
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (3/17/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics Adds Pablo J. Cagnoni, M.D., to Board of Directors and Names Tony Coles, M.D., Chairman of the Board to Enhance Drug Development and Commercialization Expertise". Basel & Cambridge, M...
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (3/10/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics Strengthens Its Leadership Team with the Appointment of Marc Becker as Chief Financial Officer". Basel & Cambridge, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)