Document › Details
CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (12/11/15). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics Appoints Tony Coles, M.D., to Its Board of Directors". Basel.
CRISPR Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for patients with serious diseases, today announced the appointment of Tony Coles, M.D., to the company’s Board of Directors.
“Dr. Coles is a venerated leader in the biotech industry with a strong track record of success,” said Rodger Novak, M.D., Chief Executive Officer of CRISPR Therapeutics. “The appointment of Dr. Coles is in line with our effort to bring the best talent to CRISPR Therapeutics and rapidly become a leading biopharmaceutical company devoted to discovering and developing novel medicines for patients suffering from diseases with limited treatment options.”
“It is an exciting time for CRISPR Therapeutics as new funding and strategic partnerships support the development of a transformative pipeline of gene-based medicines,” said Dr. Coles. "I am thrilled to be a part of the CRISPR team and join the company in its mission to advance innovative therapies toward the clinic and patients in urgent need for new treatments."
About Dr. Tony Coles
Dr. Coles is the founding investor and serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Yumanity Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on transforming drug discovery for neurodegenerative diseases caused by protein misfolding. Prior to founding Yumanity, Dr. Coles was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which was acquired by Amgen in late 2013 for $10.5 billion. Dr. Coles has previously held various executive and leadership positions at NPS Pharmaceuticals, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Merck & Co, Inc.
Dr. Coles completed his cardiology and internal medicine training at Massachusetts General Hospital and was a Research Fellow at Harvard Medical School. He earned his M.D. from Duke University, a master’s degree in public health from Harvard University and an undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Coles curently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of McKesson Corporation (NYSE: MCK), is Vice Chair of the board of trustees for Johns Hopkins University and is a member of the board of trustees for Johns Hopkins Medicine. In March 2015, Dr. Coles was named to the NIH working group tasked with charting the course for President Obama’s Precision Medicine Initiative.
About CRISPR Therapeutics
CRISPR Therapeutics’ mission is to develop transformative gene-based medicines for patients with serious diseases. Our therapeutic approach is to cure diseases at the molecular level using the breakthrough gene editing technology called CRISPR-Cas9. With our multi-disciplinary team of world-renowned academics, drug developers and clinicians, we are uniquely positioned to translate CRISPR-Cas9 technology into human therapeutics. We have licensed the foundational CRISPR-Cas9 patent estate for human therapeutic use from our scientific founder, Dr. Emmanuelle Charpentier. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with our R&D operations being based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. www.crisprtx.com
MacDougall Biomedical Communications
Kari Watson in the U.S. +1 781 235 3060
Stephanie May in Europe +49 89 2420 9344
Record changed: 2016-03-22
More documents for CRISPR Therapeutics (Group)
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (3/14/17). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics and Casebia Therapeutics Announce Commercial License Agreement With MaxCyte". Basel, Cambridge, MA & Gaithersburg, MD....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (3/2/17). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics to Present at the Annual Barclays Global Healthcare Conference". Basel & Cambridge, MA....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (2/15/17). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, Caribou Biosciences and ERS Genomics Provide Update on CRISPR/Cas9 U.S. Patent Interference Proceedings and Grants of Corresponding Patents in the U.K.". Basel...
-  Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Joint Statement of Intellia Therapeutics & CRISPR Therapeutics – Position Regarding Human Germline Gene Editing"....
-  ERS Genomics Ltd.. (12/16/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, Caribou Biosciences and ERS Genomics Announce Global Agreement on the Foundational Intellectual Property for CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Technology". Basel, et al.....
-  Casebia Therapeutics. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Casebia Therapeutics Announces Appointment of James W. Burns, Ph.D. as President and Chief Executive Officer". Cambridge, MA....
-  Carroll, John [Endpoints]. (9/9/16). "News: Gene Editing Star CRISPR Therapeutics Files for $90M IPO [incl. S-1 Filing]"....
-  Bayer AG. (8/19/16). "Press Release: Bayer and CRISPR Therapeutics Joint Venture, Named Casebia Therapeutics, Establishes Operations in Cambridge, MA". Leverkusen & Basel....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (6/24/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics Raises Additional $38M as Part of Series B Financing". Basel & Cambridge, MA....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (6/8/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics and Anagenesis Biotechnologies Announce Strategic In-Licensing and Collaboration Agreement to Develop CRISPR/Cas9-based Cell Therapies for Muscle Diseases". Basel & Illkirch Graffensta...
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)