Document › Details
Crelux GmbH. (1/13/12). "Press Release: Crelux Receives EU Funding to Develop Next Generation Protein Expression Tools".
|Region||EU (European Union)|
|Group||WuXi PharmaTech (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ComplexINC project (EU FP7 201111– 4y)|
|Product||rPP [recombinant protein production]|
|Product 2||protein crystallisation technology|
|Index term||ComplexINC project–EU (govt): grant, 201111– FP7 grant €5.9m for 4y project|
|Index term 2||ComplexINC project–Crelux: recombinant protein production technology, 201111– Crelux GmbH is partner + co-coordinator of FP7 EU Project|
|Person||Moarefi, Ismail (Crelux 200502– co-founder)|
The availability of high quality proteins and protein complexes is essential to most areas of modern drug discovery. Protein applications range from use in assays and diagnostics all the way to structure based drug discovery.
Being a world leading supplier of premium quality proteins and protein crystallography services, Crelux has heavily invested early on in developing and advancing leading edge protein expression systems and is constantly optimizing tools and processes for eukaryotic expression systems. In recognition of the leading edge position of Crelux in the advancement of high quality protein production, 5.9 Mio € have been granted by the EU to the newly launched research project ComplexINC that is co-coordinated by Crelux.
Over the next four years this consortium of world experts from industry and academia will apply synthetic biology approaches to move eukaryotic protein expression systems to a new level. Next generation tool-kits and engineered cell lines will be developed for yeast, insect cell and mammalian cell expression of proteins and protein complexes that will dramatically reduce the time to product for research proteins and enable the production of proteins and large protein complexes that are difficult or impossible to produce with today's technologies.
"Crelux is dedicated to provide its global customers with only the highest quality of proteins and protein services. With existing technologies however, a large number of validated drug targets cannot be produced at all or only in a poor functional state with limited activity and solubility. This is particularly true for the rapidly growing group of large protein complexes that are identified as highly relevant drug targets for example in fields like epigenetics. I am therefore delighted that the generous EU funding allows Crelux to significantly advance the state of the art for the production of complex biologics in close collaboration within a tight network of international experts." commented Ismail Moarefi, executive director of science and technology at Crelux.
CRELUX GmbH specializes in tailor made protein, X-ray crystallography and fragment based drug discovery services. The company is a professional and dedicated service provider for the global pharma and biotech industry. Moreover CRELUX is the only completely independent premium crystallography provider fully owned by its founders and directors.
We are advancing innovations in protein expression to promote the availability of high quality crystal grade protein. Our XPRESS portfolio of readily available target proteins grants turn-around times of customer complex structures within a few weeks. Crystallography services from concept to high resolution complex structure are provided under individual agreements following our customer's needs. In addition we are offering end-to-end fragment based discovery services based on our unique screening technology INTRACT.
About the ComplexINC consortium
ComplexINC covers the entire domain of eukaryotic production technologies from gene to protein product; in addition, it combines cutting-edge approaches in innovative production system development. Putting in place the technological innovations and tool-kits obtained in ComplexINC will have a dramatic impact on the accessibility of proteins, protein complexes and complex biologics. The attained innovations will display tailor-made properties geared towards applications in drug discovery and in the treatment of human diseases, with immediate benefits to the drug discovery industry.
Your contact: Dr Ismail Moarefi, CRELUX
Record changed: 2015-08-27
More documents for WuXi PharmaTech (Group)
-  WuXi AppTec. (4/15/16). "Press Release: WuXi AppTec Acquires Crelux". Munich....
-  4SC AG. (7/24/14). "Press Release: Crelux and 4SC Discovery Awarded Research Grant for New Epigenetic Cancer Drugs. Project for Identifying New Bromodomain Inhibitors Initiated under the Munich m4 Biotech Cluster Programme". Planegg-Martinsried....
-  4SC AG. (4/18/12). "Press Release: 4SC Discovery and Crelux Enter into a Strategic Alliance for Joint Drug Discovery Services". Planegg-Martinsried....
-  Qiagen N.V.. (1/11/10). "Press Release: Qiagen and WuXi AppTec Enter into Partnership Agreement for Molecular Biomarker Development". Shanghai....
-  Crelux GmbH. (1/29/09). "Press Release: GVK Biosciences and Crelux Set Up Fragment-based Drug Discovery Platform to Deliver Lead Molecules". Munich & Hyderabad....
-  Crelux GmbH. (11/9/08). "Press Release: Fragment Based Screening Service at Crelux and ZoBio". Munich & Leiden....
-  Sartorius Stedim Biotech. (6/3/08). "Press Release: Sartorius Stedim Biotech Signs Agreement with WuXi AppTec, Inc.". Aubagne, Goettingen & St. Paul, MN....
-  Crelux GmbH. (5/7/08). "Press Release: Crelux and ProQinase Establish Joint Crystal-grade Kinase Protein and Structures Platform". Munich & Freiburg....
-  Crelux GmbH. (7/22/05). "Crelux: Structural Biology Services [Factsheet]". Martinsried....
-  Bio-M. (6/17/05). "Press Release: And Another One. Crelux, a New Startup in the Munich Biotech Region". Munich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)