Document › Details
Covagen AG. (4/15/13). "Press Release: Covagen Names Elias Papatheodorou Chief Business Officer". Zürich.
|Group||Johnson & Johnson (JnJ) (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Medigene AG (MDG1, Frankfurt, Prime Standard)|
|Product 2||FynomAb technology|
|Person||Papatheodorou, Elias (Covagen 201304– CBO before Medigene + Novosom + A.T.I. + Coca-Cola + Philip Morris)|
|Person 2||Bertschinger, Julian (Covagen 200701– CEO + co-founder)|
Covagen today announced the expansion of its senior management team with the appointment of Elias Papatheodorou as chief business officer. He brings 20 years of work experience including 13 years in the life science sector with a track record of fundraising and collaborative agreements.
Prior to joining Covagen, Mr. Papatheodorou was senior vice president at Medigene where he led the business development efforts for the company's pipeline and technology and closed the Asian-Australian licensing agreement for Medigene's lead oncology asset to Syncore. Prior to Medigene, Mr. Papatheodorou was chief executive officer of Novosom where he completed a series of collaborative agreements with pharmaceutical companies in Europe, U.S. and Asia, led the company's fundraising activities and ultimately closed the sale of Novosom's Smarticles technology to Marina Biotech. Mr. Papatheodorou was also vice president of business development and marketing for the medical imaging company A.T.I. and held positions of increasing responsibility at The Coca-Cola Company and Philip Morris.
"We are fortunate to have someone with Elias' experience join our executive team, particularly as we continue to validate our bispecific FynomAb™ technology and prepare to bring our lead drug candidate COVA322, a bispecific TNF/IL-17A inhibitor, into the clinic," said Franz Hefti, chairman of the board of Covagen. "The flexibility of the architecture of our FynomAbs is unique in bispecific technology and Elias will play a key role in advancing discussions with potential partners."
Mr. Papatheodorou holds a bachelor's degree from Ithaca College and graduate education from Cornell University.
Covagen develops bispecific FynomAbs™ by fusing its human Fynomer™ binding proteins to antibodies resulting in therapeutics with novel modes-of-action and enhanced efficacy in the treatment of inflammatory diseases and cancer. The ability to fuse Fynomers™ to multiple sites on an antibody allows Covagen to create FynomAbs™ with tailored architecture to maximize efficacy. FynomAbs™ maintain the advantageous drug-like properties of antibodies such as excellent stability and long half-life. Covagen is actively moving COVA322, its lead bispecific anti-TNF/IL-17A FynomAb™, through development and expects to initiate a Phase I/IIa trial in patients with psoriasis in the first quarter of 2014.
Julian Bertschinger, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer
Tel: +41(0) 44 732 46 60
Matt Middleman, M.D.
Tel: +1212 845 4272
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Johnson & Johnson (JnJ) (Group)
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/9/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys AG Presents Strong Results for Fiscal Year 2016". Planegg-Martinsried....
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/3/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys Announces that Its Licensee Janssen Has Reported New Data From Two Phase 3 Studies of Guselkumab in Plaque Psoriasis". Planegg....
-  Bayer AG. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Phase III COMPASS study with Bayer’s Rivaroxaban in Patients with Coronary or Peripheral Artery Disease Shows Overwhelming Efficacy and Meets Primary Endpoint Early ". Berlin....
-  Actelion Ltd.. (1/26/17). "Press Release: Johnson & Johnson to Acquire Actelion for $30 Billion with Spin-out of New R&D Company". New Brunswick, NJ & Allschwil....
-  Actelion Ltd.. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Actelion and Johnson & Johnson Enter into Exclusive Discussions". Allschwil....
-  AstraZeneca plc. (12/5/16). "Press Release: AstraZeneca Completes Agreement With Cilag GmbH International for Rights to Rhinocort Aqua Outside the US"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (11/28/16). "Press Release: MorphoSys Announces That Its Licensee Janssen Has Submitted a Marketing Authorisation Application For Guselkumab in Europe"....
-  Actelion Ltd.. (11/25/16). "Press Release: Actelion Statement [on Possible Transaction with Johnson & Johnson]". Allschwil....
-  MorphoSys AG. (11/15/16). "Press Release: MorphoSys Announces That Its Licensee Janssen Has Presented Positive Clinical Data of Guselkumab in Psoriatic Arthritis"....
-  Molecular Partners AG. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Molecular Partners Regains Rights to Multi-DARPin Drug Candidate Targeting IL-13 & IL-17 for Pulmonary Indications from Janssen". Zürich-Schlieren....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)