Document › Details
Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (3/16/15). "Press Release: Artes Biotechnology and Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Announce Collaboration". Langenfeld.
ARTES Biotechnology, specialized in recombinant protein production, process and vaccine development from microbial expression systems announces a collaboration with the global pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health.
ARTES’ expression system Hansenula polymorpha is the preferred technology for affordable mass vaccination and recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) for these purposes. In combination with ARTES’ METAVAX® platform, this offers a new, unique and very economical approach to low-cost mass production of safe and effective vaccines required in the veterinary field.
“This collaboration is another milestone in expanding our vaccine development expertise”, Michael Piontek, managing director of ARTES stated. “We are more than confident that our technology platform is perfectly suited for the development of safe and cost efficient vaccines that are highly relevant for the veterinary market.”
“Partnering is a central part of our strategy. We are excited about this collaboration and the opportunity to develop more innovative vaccines for the animal health market,” says Rolf-Dieter Günther, Head of Global Business Development and Licensing Animal Health for Boehringer Ingelheim.
ARTES, a pharmaceutical contract research company specialized in recombinant protein production, process and vaccine development from microbial expression systems, markets the unique METAVAX® (dHepB-VLP) technology in combination with yeast expression. ARTES platform is applicable for large and multimeric antigens and able to create chimeric VLPs. In addition to genetic engineering, the company provides fermentation and downstream process development, analytical assay development and production cell line characterization. ARTES operates worldwide from its 850-sqm S1 facilities in Langenfeld.
About Boehringer Ingelheim
The Boehringer Ingelheim group is one of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim operates globally with 142 affiliates and a total of more than 47,400 employees. The focus of the family-owned company, founded in 1885, is researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing new medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine.
Taking social responsibility is an important element of the corporate culture at Boehringer Ingelheim. This includes worldwide involvement in social projects, such as the initiative "Making more Health" and caring for the employees. Respect, equal opportunities and reconciling career and family form the foundation of the mutual cooperation. In everything it does, the company focuses on environmental protection and sustainability.
In 2013, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about 14.1 billion euros. R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.5% of its net sales.
Dr. Melanie Piontek
ARTES Biotechnology GmbH
+49 (0) 2173 27587 0
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Artes Biotechnology GmbH
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (10/6/14). "Press Release: Artes Biotechnology, InstrAction and Q-Biologicals Join Forces for Veterinary Vaccine Development". Langenfeld, Mannheim & Zwijnaarde-Gent....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (7/29/14). "Press Release: Malaria Transmission-blocking Vaccines – Artes and Burnet Announced a Development Project". Langenfeld & Melbourne....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (7/15/13). "Press Release: Artes Biotechnology and Bio Farma Announce Collaboration in Vaccined Development"....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (6/24/13). "Press Release: Artes Biotechnology and Midas Pharma Signed Cooperation Contact"....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (4/22/13). "Press Release: Artes Biotechnology Issued New Patent in Australia for VLP Technology"....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (8/21/12). "Press Release: Strategic Cooperation between Artes Biotechnology and PAC"....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (4/24/12). "Press Release: Artes Announces a Strategic Collaboration Deal for Vaccine Development". Langenfeld....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (9/27/10). "Press Release: Artes Steps Further into the Vaccine Business by Acquiring Anavax". Langenfeld....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (11/16/09). "Press Release: Artes and Rhein Minapharm Continue Their Successful Product Development Collaboration". Langenfeld & Cairo....
-  Artes Biotechnology GmbH. (1/14/08). "Press Release: Artes and Minapharm Sign Long-term Strategic Development Agreement". Langenfeld & Cairo....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)