Document › Details
Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (10/14/15). "Press Release: Cevec Strengthens Team to Execute Rapid Growth Strategy. Dr. Nico Scheer Appointed as Vice President Business Development Glycoproteins". Cologne.
> Dr. Hartmut Tintrup appointed as Vice President Business Development Gene Therapy and Viruses
> Headcount increased by 40% since May 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced the expansion and reorganization of its management team.
Dr. Nico Scheer will join the Company as Vice President Business Development Glycoproteins as of November 1, 2015. Dr. Scheer will be responsible for CEVEC’s growth strategy in the Company’s CAP®Go activities. Dr. Hartmut Tintrup, currently Chief Business Officer, moves to the position of Vice President Business Development Gene Therapy and Viruses in which he will be responsible for the growth of CEVEC’s CAP®GT business. Both will be reporting to CEO Frank Ubags.
Frank Ubags, Chief Executive Officer of CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH, commented, ”Following our focus on glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors in May 2015 and the subsequent successful co-operations, we have increased our overall headcount by 40% and attracted competent, talented people in the scientific, quality assurance and regulatory business fields. We are experiencing an exponentially increasing demand for our CAP®Go portfolio in the field of glycoproteins and for our CAP®GT technology for the industrial scale production of gene therapy vectors. With this strengthening and restructuring of the management team, we are now well placed to further accelerate the growth of our Company.”
“It’s an exciting time to join CEVEC, as the Company is poised to take advantage of significant growth and expansion opportunities to build market leadership in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins,” added Dr. Nico Scheer. “I am delighted to get the opportunity to identify and form alliances that unlock the full potential of CEVEC’s unique CAP Go Technology.”
Prior to joining CEVEC, Dr. Scheer served in different leading management positions within Artemis Pharmaceuticals GmbH, TaconicArtemis GmbH and Taconic Biosciences GmbH – most recently as Director Business Development and Head of tADMET portfolio. Dr. Scheer adds more than 10 years of experience in business development, portfolio and project management, plus licensing and partnering activities in the life science industry as well as a strong scientific background in drug metabolism, molecular biology, and in vitro technologies. He holds a PhD in Molecular Developmental Biology and a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
Privately held CEVEC, based in Cologne, Germany, is an expert for the production of tailor-made recombinant glyco-proteins and gene therapy vectors. The Company’s core technologies, CAP®Go and CAP®GT are based on a unique human cellular expression system.
The CAP®Go expression platform comprises a portfolio of glyco-optimized human suspension cell lines for tailor-made glycosylation of recombinant proteins. The cells are highly efficient for the production of a broad range of difficult to express glyco-proteins and provide authentic human post-translational modifications. CAP®Go has proven to enhance the activity, stability and serum half-life of several candidate proteins.
The CAP®GT expression platform provides a fully scalable, regulatory endorsed production system for gene therapy vectors. CAP®GT cells grow to high cell densities and show a broad viral propagation spectrum including lentivirus (LV), adenovirus (AV) and adeno-associated virus (AAV). Furthermore, CAP®GT enables easier scale-up and reduced production costs when compared to adherent cell culture systems.
Research collaborations with international pharmaceutical and biotechnology partners followed by licensing agreements for the technology form one revenue base for CEVEC. In addition, the Company provides contract manufacturing for the GMP production in CAP®Go and CAP®GT cells.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH
Chief Executive Officer
T.:+49 221 46020800
MC Services AG
T.: +49 211 52925222
Record changed: 2016-05-01
More documents for Cevec (Group)
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (3/16/17). "Press Release: Cevec, Medac and Provecs Medical Enter into Far-reaching Adenoviral Vector Collaboration in Oncology". Cologne, Wedel & Hamburg....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (2/9/17). "Press Release: Cevec Licenses CAP Technologies for the Development and Commercialization of Vaccines against Zika Virus Infections". Cologne....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (1/20/16). "Press Release: Cevec and Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope Enter into a Cooperation and License Agreement on Cevec’s Proprietary CAP®GT Technology". Cologne....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (10/28/15). "Press Release: Cevec and BioLamina Combine Technology Leadership for Commercial Production of Recombinant Laminins for ex vivo Cell Therapies". Cologne & Stockholm....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (9/17/15). "Press Release: Cevec and Généthon Sign a Collaboration Agreement to Develop Lentiviral Vector Packaging Cell Lines based on Cevec’s Proprietary CAP GT Technology". Cologne....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (9/7/15). "Press Release: Cevec Introduces CAP®GT Cell-expression System for Scalable Viral Gene Therapy Vector Production". Cologne....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (7/22/15). "Press Release: Cevec Raises € 4.5 Million in a Financing Round to Commercialize Its Leading CAP-based Technologies". Cologne....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (7/1/15). "Press Release: Cevec Grants License to Biotest AG for Production of Tailor-made Glycoproteins". Cologne....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Cevec Introduces CAP Go Expression Systems for Scalable Production of Tailor-made Glycoproteins". Cologne....
-  Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH. (4/17/15). "Press Release: Cevec Announces Appointment of Life Sciences Industry Expert Frank Ubags as Chief Executive Officer". Cologne....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)