Document › Details
Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/15/08). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Awarded 0.6 m € Grant for Research and Development". Berlin.
|Region||Berlin (federal state)|
|Organisation||Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH|
|Organisation 2||Berlin (govt region)|
|Product||CCMS technology (Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry)|
|Index term||Caprotec–Berlin (govt): grant, 200812– grant €0.6m 2y for RnD of Capture Compounds + caproKits from State of Berlin + ERDF/EFRE|
|Person||Köster, Hubert (Caprotec 200805–201009 Managing Director + Univ Hamburg + Sequenom founder + CEO)|
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH announced today that they won a grant of up to 0.6 million € over a period of two years from the Federal State of Berlin and the European Union Regional Development Fund (ERDF, or Europäischer Fond für regionale Entwicklung, EFRE).
The grant is awarded to be used in the research and development of novel Capture Compounds and caproKits for the analysis of proteins involved in signal transduction.
Caprotec bioanalytics has developed the Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry (CCMS) technology, a novel and direct way to investigate small molecule – protein interactions resulting in a significant functional reduction of proteome complexity. Capture Compounds enable to directly isolate and identify selected proteins including membrane proteins out of any complex biological sample.
“Signal transduction proteins are important for many regulatory processes in the cell and a better understanding of these processes is key for the discovery and development of new medicines. Our caproKits ill enable the analysis of signal transduction proteins with small molecules and thus help to advance research in this important area”, stated Dr. Hubert Köster, CEO of caprotec bioanalytics.
About caprotec bioanalytics GmbH
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH is a Berlin-based biotech company focusing on the commercialization of its proprietary Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry (CCMS) technology. The core of the CCMS technology consists of small, tri-functional molecules called capture compounds (CCs). They enable a targeted isolation of proteins directly from complex biological samples. After isolation the captured proteins are identified and characterized by mass spectrometry. Providing a state-of-the-art platform for the isolation and analysis of proteins from complex mixtures, the CCMS technology has enormous potential in proteomics, drug development and the development of biomarkers. The technology is protected by a broad patent portfolio.
caprotec bioanalytics was founded in 2006 by Prof. Dr. Hubert Köster, a long-experienced innovator and serial entrepreneur in the field of biotech. His track records include the foundation of Biosyntech, the first biotech company in Germany, the co-foundation of Milligen/Biosearch and the foundation of Sequenom Inc. As CEO and President of Sequenom he was responsible for one of the most successful US biotech IPOs at the NASDAQ.
After closing a financing round of EUR 6 million caprotec bioanalytics started operations in January 2008 in Berlin-Adlershof. The company is supported by an international scientific advisory board including one Nobel Laureate.
For further information please contact:
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)30-6392-3990
About European regional development fund (ERDF)
The ERDF aims to strengthen economic and social cohesion in the European Union by correcting imbalances between its regions. In short, the ERDF finances:
– direct aid to investments in companies (in particular SMEs) to create sustainable jobs;
– infrastructures linked notably to research and innovation, telecommunications,
environment, energy and transport;
– financial instruments (capital risk funds, local development funds, etc.) to support regional
and local development and to foster cooperation between towns and regions;
– technical assistance measures.
For further information visit:
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (8/12/13). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics and Syngenta Announce Research Collaboration". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (7/22/13). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics and Bayer CropScience Announce Second Collaborative Research Agreement". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (10/18/12). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Appoints Dr. Jonathan Turner as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (2/8/12). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Further Patent Protection of Its CCMS Technology". Berlin....
-  Leibniz-Institut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP). (12/9/11). "Pressemitteilung: Caprotec und FMP gemeinsam gegen den Krebs"....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/8/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Discovers Novel Drug-Protein Interactions of Three Anti-cancer Drugs Using Its CCMS Technology". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/6/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Collaborative Research Agreement with Bayer CropScience". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (7/12/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH Appoints Marc Voigt as Managing Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (5/10/11). "Press Release: Proteros Announces New Supervisory Board Appointments. Chairman David Lemus and Deputy Chairman Prof. Rainer Metternich". Martinsried....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (11/9/10). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Increases Series B Financing in Second Closing to EUR 5 Million". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)