Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (10/21/10). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Successful Installation of Record-setting Ultra-high Field 17 Tesla Preclinical MRI System at NeuroSpin Research Center in France". Paris.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Group)|
|Today||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker BioSciences)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||CEA Industrie (Group)|
|Person||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
Bruker announced today that it has successfully installed its BioSpec® 170/25 system at the CEA NeuroSpin research center near Paris, France. The world's first horizontal ultra-high magnetic field 17.2 Tesla MRI system features a magnet bore diameter of 25 cm. It is equipped with a novel Bruker BGA-S™ gradient system with unsurpassed amplitude and slew rate specifications for cutting-edge preclinical in vivo imaging on small animals. These magnet and gradient innovations overcome current limits, and enable new MRI techniques for preclinical research, such as molecular imaging at a microscopic scale, or functional and connectivity neuroimaging at higher spatial resolution. The translation of this preclinical MRI research to clinical applications may have important benefits for human healthcare, to better understand, diagnose or manage neurological and psychiatric disorders.
The unique BioSpec®170/25 horizontal MRI magnet is based on Bruker's UltraStabilized™ sub-cooling technology. Adapted from Bruker's successful ultra-high field NMR magnets, this technology now also enables ultra-high fields for MRI applications with excellent homogeneity and stability. Its dedicated shim and gradient system with a large bore for animal positioning and with unique gradient amplitudes of up to 1,000 mT/m and slew rates of up to 9,000 T/mos will enhance strong diffusion contrast and overcome susceptibility distortions at this high field strength. Bruker's well-known MRI software ParaVision® includes the latest animal imaging methods for morphology, cardiology, spectroscopy and fMRI. Together with Bruker's latest spectrometer generation Avance™ III, the system also allows real time control and parallel imaging using multiple receivers for higher temporal resolution.
"This unique instrument will give us, for the first time, access to the working of the whole brain at the cellular level, an important step to understand the Neural Code," stated Professor Denis Le Bihan, Director of NeuroSpin in Saclay.
The BioSpec®170/25 MRI system at NeuroSpin is one of a series of milestones in cutting-edge, world class research in France that is supported by Bruker's pioneering magnetic resonance systems. Bruker recently received an order from the CRMN, the CNRS/ENS-Lyon high-field NMR Research Center in Lyon, France, for two ultra-high field 800 MHz NMR systems, which will enhance NMR studies of large biomolecules and of metabolomics.
Professor Lyndon Emsley, the Scientific Director of the NMR Laboratory, commented: "These new 800 MHz systems will clearly allow us at the CRMN Lyon to significantly improve our capacity for innovative science."
Scientific boundaries will also be expanded by the first 263 GHz solid-state DNP-NMR system in France, with an increase in sensitivity by more than a factor of 50x, enabling entirely new solid-state applications for NMR research. Bruker received a recent order from the Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique (CEA) in Grenoble to enhance the scientific capabilities of the NMR center at the Minatec Center of Excellence in micro- and nanotechnologies. Researchers expect to utilize this groundbreaking technology to study materials simply not observable before with solid-state NMR, thereby opening up even more new areas of research.
According to Dr. Gaël De Paëpe, DNP Project Manager: "The acquisition by Minatec of a NMR spectrometer coupled to Dynamic Nuclear Polarization will significantly reduce the intrinsic sensitivity problems of classical NMR, and enable exploration of numerous, innovative nanomaterials at the core of the development in nanosciences."
Dr. Thorsten Thiel
Director of Marketing Communications
Tel: +49 (721) 5161 - 6517
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Unique and Comprehensive Workflows for Biopharmaceutical Characterization, Automated by Biopharma Compass 2.0". Washington....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)