Document › Details
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. (4/13/17). "Press Release: Bristol-Myers Squibb Enters into Separate Agreements with Biogen and Roche to License Anti-eTau and Anti-Myostatin Compounds, Respectively". New York, NY.
|Organisation||Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMS) (NYSE: BMY)|
|Group||Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Biogen Inc. (Nasdaq: BIIB)|
|Person||Burgess, Mike (BMS 201301– SVP Discovery Medicine + Clinical Pharmacology before Roche)|
Bristol-Myers Squibb to receive a combined $470M upfront, along with potential milestone payments and tiered double-digit royalties from each company
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY) today announced that it has entered into two separate agreements to license BMS-986168, an anti-eTau compound in development for Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP), to Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB), and BMS-986089, an anti-myostatin adnectin in development for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), to Roche.
“Licensing these assets to Biogen and Roche will enable Bristol-Myers Squibb to prioritize the other promising opportunities for asset development that have advanced across our diversified portfolio,” said Mike Burgess, head of Cardiovascular, Fibrosis and Immunoscience Development, Bristol-Myers Squibb. “We recognize the significant unmet medical needs for patients with PSP and with DMD, and are pleased to put the future development of these compounds into the hands of Biogen and Roche, who both have strong capabilities, focus and leadership in neurodegenerative and rare diseases.”
Under the agreement to license BMS-986168, Biogen will pay to Bristol-Myers Squibb an upfront payment of $300 million with potential milestone payments of up to $410 million. Biogen also will assume all remaining obligations to the former stockholders of iPierian, Inc. related to Bristol-Myers Squibb’s acquisition of the company in 2014. Under the agreement to license BMS-986089, Roche will pay to Bristol-Myers Squibb an upfront payment of $170 million with potential milestone payments of up to $205 million. Bristol-Myers Squibb will receive tiered double-digit royalties if either asset is approved and commercialized. These agreements are subject to clearance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, and are expected to close in the second quarter of 2017.
About BMS-986168 and BMS-986089
BMS-986168 is a monoclonal antibody designed to bind to and decrease levels of extracellular Tau (eTau) protein. It is currently being investigated as a treatment option for patients with PSP, with the potential for future development in other neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
BMS-986089 is a novel fusion protein designed to suppress myostatin, a negative regulator of muscle growth. It is currently being investigated as a treatment option for patients with DMD, and has the potential for study in other neuromuscular disorders.
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. For more information about Bristol-Myers Squibb, visit us at BMS.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Forward-Looking Statement
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding the research, development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products. Such forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and involve inherent risks and uncertainties, including factors that could delay, divert or change any of them, and could cause actual outcomes and results to differ materially from current expectations. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Among other risks, there can be no guarantee that the compounds discussed in this release will be successfully developed or approved for any of the indications described in this release. Forward-looking statements in this press release should be evaluated together with the many uncertainties that affect Bristol-Myers Squibb's business, particularly those identified in the cautionary factors discussion in Bristol-Myers Squibb's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016 in our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and our Current Reports on Form 8-K. Bristol-Myers Squibb undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Ken Dominski, 609-252-5251
Chrissy Trank, 609-252-5609
Tim Power, 609-252-7509
Bill Szablewski, 609-252-5894
Record changed: 2017-04-19
More documents for Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) (Group)
-  Bayer AG. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Robert LaCaze to be Executive Vice President of New Oncology Strategic Business Unit at Pharmaceuticals Division of Bayer". Leverkusen....
-  4SC AG. (10/21/16). "Press Release: Dr Daniel Vitt to Step Down as CDO/CSO and from the Management Board at the End of 2016". Planegg-Martinsried....
-  Life Sciences Partners (LSP). (6/2/16). "Press Release: LSP Announces $280 Million Final Closing of Life Sciences Venture Fund". Amsterdam....
-  Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. (4/1/16). "Press Release: Bristol-Myers Squibb Completes Previously Announced Acquisition of Padlock Therapeutics, Inc.". New York, NY....
-  Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. (3/23/16). "Press Release: Bristol-Myers Squibb to Acquire Padlock Therapeutics, Inc.". New York, NY & Cambridge, MA....
-  Life Sciences Partners (LSP). (10/14/15). "Press Release: LSP and Bristol-Myers Squibb Enter into Strategic Collaboration for Life Sciences Innovation in Europe. First Investment by Bristol-Myers Squibb in a European Healthcare Fund". Amsterdam....
-  Evotec AG. (1/7/15). "Press Release: Evotec and Padlock Therapeutics Announce Initial Success and Extension of Long-term Collaboration". Hamburg....
-  Lonza Group Ltd.. (10/30/14). "Press Release: Bristol-Myers Squibb and Lonza Expand Manufacturing Agreement". New York, NY & Basel....
-  F-Star Biotechnologische Forschungs- und Entwicklungsges. m.b.H.. (10/28/14). "Press Release: Bristol-Myers Squibb Enters into Agreement that Provides an Exclusive Option to Acquire F-star Alpha Ltd. and its Novel HER2-Targeted Therapy". New York & Cambr...
-  Bayer AG. (12/18/13). "Press Release: Kemal Malik Appointed Bayer AG Board of Management Member with Responsibility for Innovation. Professor Wolfgang Plischke to Retire on April 30, 2014". Leverkusen....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)