Document › Details
BioOutsource Ltd.. (4/17/15). "Press Release: BioOutsource Ltd. Acquired by Sartorius Stedim Biotech. Takeover Expands SSB’s Service Portfolio". Glasgow.
BioOutsource Ltd. (BioOutsource), a leading provider of contract testing services for the biopharmaceutical industry, has been acquired by Sartorius Stedim Biotech (SSB), a leading international supplier for the biopharmaceutical industries. BioOutsource provides contract testing services to Global biopharmaceutical clients in order to monitor the safety and quality of biologic drugs and vaccines. This acquisition will develop SSB’s service offering throughout the drug development pathway. The contractual parties agreed not to disclose any further details of the transaction.
Welcoming the acquisition, Gerry MacKay, CEO of BioOutsource said “We are delighted to have found a strong partner with a broad customer base, international reach and a powerful brand. With Sartorius Stedim Biotech we will be able to scale our business to the next level and invest in new adjacent services. As a part of this group, we will have the opportunity to work with more international customers particularly in areas like the United States and Asia where there is significant investment in biosimilar development and manufacturing. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank one of our original shareholders Scottish Investment Bank, the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise, for their continued investment and support over the last 7 years”.
Reinhard Vogt, member of SSB’s Board, commented: “By adding contract testing services, we will be able to support our biopharma clients even better in their drive to fast-track their new drug candidates through the development and clinical test phases and facilitate lot release testing in large scale manufacturing. The highly qualified team at BioOutsource will ideally complement our expertise, and we are looking forward to working with them.”
A profile of Sartorius Stedim Biotech
Sartorius Stedim Biotech is a leading provider of cutting-edge products and services for the development, quality assurance and production processes of the biopharmaceutical industry. Its integrated solutions covering fermentation, cell cultivation, filtration, purification, fluid management and lab technologies are supporting the biopharmaceutical industry around the world to develop and produce drugs safely, timely and economically. Sartorius Stedim Biotech focuses on single-use technologies and value-added services to meet the rapidly changing technology requirements of the industry it serves. Strongly rooted in the scientific community and closely allied with customers and technology partners, the company is dedicated to its philosophy of “turning science into solutions.”
Headquartered in Aubagne, France, Sartorius Stedim Biotech is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris. With its own manufacturing and R&D sites in Europe, North America and Asia and a global network of sales companies, Sartorius Stedim Biotech has a worldwide presence. Its key manufacturing and R&D site is in Germany. The company employs approx. 3,700 people, and in 2014 earned sales revenue of 683.5 million euros.
A profile of BioOutsource
BioOutsource is a leading provider of contract testing services to the global biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Our core offering includes a comprehensive suite of services which support the testing of biologic and vaccine products throughout development and manufacture. Our innovative and customer focused approach ensures that projects are managed efficiently, cost-effectively and delivered on-time.
A profile of Scottish Investment Bank
The (SIB) is the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise, operating Scotland-wide in partnership with Highlands and Islands Enterprise. It manages a suite of funds including the Scottish Seed Fund, the Scottish Co-investment Fund and the Scottish Venture Fund, which are partly funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the Scottish Plastics Loan Fund and the Renewable Energy Investment Fund.
SIB is also the cornerstone investor in the privately-managed Scottish Loan Fund and a Limited Partner in Epidarex Capital. These Funds support Scotland’s SME funding market to ensure businesses with growth and export potential have adequate access to capital. SIB also provides a team of financial readiness specialists to help companies prepare for new investment and more easily access finance.
Director of Sales and Marketing
+44(0)141 946 4222
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Sartorius (Group)
-  Sartorius AG. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Sartorius Enters Into a Corporate Partnership Program with the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)". Göttingen....
-  Sartorius AG. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Sartorius Grows by Double Digits in Sales Revenue and Earnings in 2016 – Positive Outlook for 2017". Göttingen....
-  Sartorius AG. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Sartorius Stedim Biotech – 2016 Targets Fully Achieved; Strong Outlook for 2017"....
-  c-LEcta GmbH. (1/26/17). "Press Release: c-LEcta Starts Marketing & Distribution of Denarase"....
-  Sartorius AG. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sartorius Stedim Biotech Opens New Bioanalytical Testing Laboratory in Boston". Göttingen & Boston, MA....
-  Sartorius AG. (10/11/16). "Press Release: CFO Jörg Pfirrmann Has Decided to Leave Sartorius by Mid-2017". Göttingen....
-  Sartorius AG. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Sartorius Stedim Biotech Presents the First Fully Integrated Upstream Platform". Göttingen & Aubagne....
-  Sartorius AG. (7/15/16). "Press Release: Sartorius Acquires U.S. Start-up ViroCyt". Göttingen....
-  Sartorius AG. (7/6/16). "Press Release: Sartorius Stedim Biotech Acquires U.S. Start-up kSep Systems. Transaction to Expand SSB’s Bioprocessing Product Portfolio with Innovative Single-use Centrifuges". Aubagne....
-  Sartorius AG. (6/28/16). "Press Release: Sartorius Acquires Cell Screening Specialist IntelliCyt". Göttingen....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)