Document › Details
Biofrontera AG. (3/25/15). "Press Release: Biofrontera Starts Sales and Marketing of Ameluz in Spain. Key Account Manager Transfers from Allergan to Biofrontera". Leverkusen.
|Organisation||Biofrontera Pharma GmbH, sucursal en España|
|Organisation 2||Allergan (Group)|
|Person||Lopez Belda, Antonio (Biofrontera 201503– Marketing Manager at Biofrontera Spain before Allergan Pharmaceuticals)|
|Person 2||Lübbert, Hermann (Biofrontera 200311 CEO)|
> Biofrontera will capture full margin of Ameluz® sales with immediate effect
> International launch event with leading dermatologists in Valencia - 27/28 March
Biofrontera AG (FSE: B8F), the biopharmaceutical company focusing on skin cancer, has now taken over marketing and sales activities for Ameluz® and BF-RhodoLED® in Spain as planned in line with its announcement made on 7 November 2014. Previously, these functions were performed by distribution partner Allergan Pharmaceuticals.
The successful transition has been prepared over several months in cooperation with Allergan. In addition, Biofrontera is pleased to announce that Antonio Lopez Belda, former Key Account Manager for dermatology at Allergan, has transferred to Biofrontera, with immediate effect. Mr. Lopez led the launch of Ameluz in Spain and has successfully developed the market since. This will allow for continuity with all established contacts within hospitals and physicians.
"Spain is one of the most important European markets for photodynamic therapy," said Prof. Dr. Hermann Lübbert, CEO of Biofrontera. "In the new structure, we can now collect the entire margin of the Ameluz® sales for Biofrontera. Thus, our profitability in Spain will increase significantly. It is anticipated that the additional investment in sales and marketing should pay off within one year."
The new Biofrontera subsidiary will be named 'Biofrontera Pharma GmbH, sucursal en España' and is based in Cornellá de Llobregat near Barcelona. In the current year Biofrontera expects sales in the mid six-digit Euro range in Spain.
On the occasion of the launch, Biofrontera will hold an international symposium in Valencia from March 27 to 28, and expects some 50 dermatologists from all over Spain to attend the event.
Enquiries, please contact:
Prof. Hermann Lübbert, Chief Executive Officer
Thomas Schaffer, Chief Financial Officer +49 (0) 214 87 63 2 0
IR Germany: Brainwell Asset Solutions
Jürgen Benker +49 (0) 152 08931514
Nomad and Broker: Shore Capital
Bidhi Bhoma / Toby Gibbs +44(0) 20 7408 4090
IR UK: Seton Services
Toni Vallen +44(0) 20 7603 6797
Financial PR: Gable Communications
John Bick +44(0) 20 7193 7463
+44 (0)7872 061007
The Biofrontera Group (FSE/AIM: B8F, ISIN DE0006046113) is a biopharmaceutical company specialising in the development, sale and distribution of drugs and medical cosmetics for the care and treatment of skin diseases. Biofrontera's most important product is Ameluz®, a prescription drug which is approved in Europe for the treatment of mild and moderate actinic keratosis (superficial skin cancer) with photodynamic therapy (light therapy). Biofrontera is the first German pharmaceutical start-up company to obtain centralised approval for a drug it has developed itself. The company also plans for Ameluz® to be approved for basal cell carcinoma and is currently preparing for approval in other countries, especially in the largest pharmaceutical market in the world, the United States.
The company also markets the Belixos® dermatological range of cosmetics. Belixos® products contain combinations of active substances extracted from plants, relieve itching and redness and are used for the regenerative care of chronic skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis or psoriasis. At the moment, Belixos® cream, gel and scalp tonic are available through Amazon.
The Biofrontera Group was established in 1997 by Prof. Dr Hermann Lübbert, the Chairman of the company's Management Board, and has its headquarters in Leverkusen, Germany.
This communication expressly or implicitly contains certain forward-looking statements concerning the business activities of Biofrontera AG. These forward-looking statements reflect the opinion of Biofrontera at the time of this communication and involve certain known and unknown risks. The actual results achieved by Biofrontera may differ significantly from future results or performances which are published in its forward-looking statements. Biofrontera assumes no responsibility to update its forward-looking statements.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Biofrontera (Group)
-  Biofrontera AG. (7/22/15). "Press Release: Biofrontera Appoints Christoph Dünwald as Chief Commercial Officer". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (5/29/15). "Press Release: Biofrontera Delivers Strong Performance for Q1 2015. Revenues Increased by 59% vs Prior Year to EUR 1,030k – Net Income and Costs in Line with Expectations ". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (5/27/15). "Press Release: Result of Open Offer and Private Placement – 1,377,272 shares Placed in Capital Increase to Raise EUR 3.1 Million (Ad-hoc Release)". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (4/8/15). "Press Release: Biofrontera Stabilizes Shareholder Structure. Block Trade Completed Off-market – Biofrontera Enters Essential Growth Phase with Long-term Investors". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (2/4/14). "Presss Release: Biofrontera AG – 4,438,292 Shares Placed in Capital Increase". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (1/20/14). "Press Release: Biofrontera AG Resolves on Capital Increase [Ad-hoc Release pursuant to Section 15 of the German Securities Trading Act (Wertpapierhandelsgesetz)]". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (10/21/13). "Press Release: Allergan Launches Ameluz in Spain". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (8/23/13). "Press Release: Biofrontera AG Reports Half-year Financial Results for 2013". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (8/1/13). "Press Release: Biofrontera AG Appoints M.M. Warburg & Co as New Designated Sponsor". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (6/3/13). "Press Release: Biofrontera AG Appoints Thomas Schaffer as Chief Financial Officer". Leverkusen....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)