Document › Details
Biofrontera AG. (5/27/15). "Press Release: Result of Open Offer and Private Placement – 1,377,272 shares Placed in Capital Increase to Raise EUR 3.1 Million (Ad-hoc Release)". Leverkusen.
|Organisation 2||FDA (US Food and Drug Administration)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product 2||investment banking|
|Index term||Biofrontera–SEVERAL: investment, 201504–201505 open offer + private placement €3.1m w 2.173m new shares at €2.3/share|
|Person||Lübbert, Hermann (Biofrontera 200311 CEO)|
|Person 2||Schaffer, Thomas (Biofrontera 201306– CFO before Siemens et al)|
Ad-hoc Release pursuant to Section 15 of the German Securities Trading Act (Wertpapierhandelsgesetz)
On 23 April 2015, Biofrontera AG (AIM/FSE: B8F), the biopharmaceutical company focusing on skin cancer, announced an Open Offer and Private Placement pursuant to which 2,173,913 new no-par registered shares ("New Shares") were to be offered to qualifying shareholders on the basis of 1 New Share for every 10 existing ordinary shares held, at a subscription price of EUR 2.30 ("Subscription Price") per New Share (the "Subscription Offer").
Qualifying shareholders were also able to apply for additional New Shares through an excess application facility. New Shares which were neither acquired on a pro rata basis nor under the excess application facility were placed with selected investors in the Private Placement. A total of 1,377,272 New Shares have been issued under the Open Offer and Private Placement raising approximately EUR 3.1 million (net of expenses) for the Company.
The proceeds of the Placing will be used to cover the “PDUFA Fee“ of US$ 2.335 million that Biofrontera will have to pay to the FDA prior to submitting the dossier for the approval of Ameluz in the US. While this fee is normally waived for the first submissions of small companies, the FDA has not yet established a process for granting the waiver in the current year. Following approval of the waiver, it is anticipated that the PDUFA Fee will be returned to Biofrontera. The remaining proceeds will be used by Biofrontera for general operational working capital.
Enquiries, please contact:
Prof. Hermann Lübbert, Chief Executive Officer
Thomas Schaffer, Chief Financial Officer
+49 (0) 214 87 63 2 0
IR Germany: Brainwell Asset Solutions
+49 (0) 152 08931514
Nomad and Broker: Shore Capital
Bidhi Bhoma / Toby Gibbs
+44(0) 20 7408 4090
IR UK: Seton Services
+44(0) 20 7603 6797
Financial PR: Gable Communications
+44(0) 20 7193 7463
+44 (0)7872 061007
The Biofrontera Group (FSE/AIM: B8F, ISIN DE0006046113) is a biopharmaceutical company specialising in the development, sale and distribution of drugs and medical cosmetics for the care and treatment of skin diseases. Biofrontera’s most important product is Ameluz®, a prescription drug which is approved in Europe for the treatment of mild and moderate actinic keratosis (superficial skin cancer) with photodynamic therapy (light therapy). Biofrontera is the first German pharmaceutical start-up company to obtain centralised approval for a drug it has developed itself. The company also plans for Ameluz® to be approved for basal cell carcinoma and is
currently preparing for approval in other countries, especially in the largest pharmaceutical market in the world,
the United States.
The company also markets the Belixos® dermatological range of cosmetics. Belixos® products contain combinations of active substances extracted from plants, relieve itching and redness and are used for the regenerative care of chronic skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis or psoriasis. At the moment, Belixos®
cream, gel and scalp tonic are available through Amazon.
The Biofrontera Group was established in 1997 by Prof. Dr Hermann Lübbert, the Chairman of the company's
Management Board, and has its headquarters in Leverkusen, Germany.
This communication expressly or implicitly contains certain forward-looking statements concerning the business activities of Biofrontera AG. These forward-looking statements reflect the opinion of Biofrontera at the time of this communication and involve certain known and unknown risks. The actual results achieved by Biofrontera may differ significantly from future results or performances which are published in its forward-looking statements. Biofrontera assumes no responsibility to update its forward-looking statements.
Record changed: 2017-04-02
More documents for Biofrontera (Group)
-  Biofrontera AG. (7/22/15). "Press Release: Biofrontera Appoints Christoph Dünwald as Chief Commercial Officer". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (5/29/15). "Press Release: Biofrontera Delivers Strong Performance for Q1 2015. Revenues Increased by 59% vs Prior Year to EUR 1,030k – Net Income and Costs in Line with Expectations ". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (4/8/15). "Press Release: Biofrontera Stabilizes Shareholder Structure. Block Trade Completed Off-market – Biofrontera Enters Essential Growth Phase with Long-term Investors". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (3/25/15). "Press Release: Biofrontera Starts Sales and Marketing of Ameluz in Spain. Key Account Manager Transfers from Allergan to Biofrontera". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (2/4/14). "Presss Release: Biofrontera AG – 4,438,292 Shares Placed in Capital Increase". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (1/20/14). "Press Release: Biofrontera AG Resolves on Capital Increase [Ad-hoc Release pursuant to Section 15 of the German Securities Trading Act (Wertpapierhandelsgesetz)]". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (10/21/13). "Press Release: Allergan Launches Ameluz in Spain". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (8/23/13). "Press Release: Biofrontera AG Reports Half-year Financial Results for 2013". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (8/1/13). "Press Release: Biofrontera AG Appoints M.M. Warburg & Co as New Designated Sponsor". Leverkusen....
-  Biofrontera AG. (6/3/13). "Press Release: Biofrontera AG Appoints Thomas Schaffer as Chief Financial Officer". Leverkusen....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)