Document › Details
Bayer AG. (3/30/15). "Press Release: Bayer Issues EUR 1.3 Billion in Hybrid Capital". Leverkusen.
|Organisation 2||Deutsche Bank (Group)|
|Product 2||LIFE SCIENCES|
|Person||Dietsch, Johannes (Bayer 201410– CFO before Bayer Greater China joined Bayer 1984)|
On Monday Bayer issued a hybrid bond with a total volume of EUR 1.3 billion. The proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes.
Hybrids have become a permanent feature of Bayer’s financing strategy. They support Bayer’s conservative financial profile, which is reflected by a target rating for Bayer in the single-A category. The bonds are structured to receive equity credit of 50 percent from the relevant rating agencies.
The bonds have a final maturity of 60 years and a coupon of 2.375 percent. Bayer has the option to redeem the bonds for the first time in October 2022. The bonds rank pari-passu with the EUR 3.25 billion in hybrid bonds Bayer issued last year and the EUR 1.3 billion hybrid bond issued in 2005. The bonds are subordinated to all other financial liabilities.
“Our new hybrid bond was very well received by the market. The transaction orderbook was more than four times oversubscribed”, said the CFO of Bayer AG, Johannes Dietsch. “In our view, the attractive business profile and solid financing strategy of Bayer contributed significantly to this success in a generally volatile market environment.”
Deutsche Bank, RBS and Société Générale structured and placed the transaction as active bookrunners.
Bayer: Science For A Better Life
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech polymer materials. As an innovation company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power. Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and to its social and ethical responsibilities as a corporate citizen. In fiscal 2014, the Group employed 118,900 people and had sales of EUR 42.2 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to EUR 2.5 billion, R&D expenses to EUR 3.6 billion. For more information, go to www.bayer.com.
This release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer Group or subgroup management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer’s public reports which are available on the Bayer website at www.bayer.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Bayer (Group)
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (3/14/17). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics and Casebia Therapeutics Announce Commercial License Agreement With MaxCyte". Basel, Cambridge, MA & Gaithersburg, MD....
-  Bayer AG. (2/22/17). "Press Release: Financial News Conference. Address by Johannes Dietsch –Member of the Board of Management". Leverkusen....
-  Bayer AG. (2/22/17). "Press Release: Financial News Conference. Address by Werner Baumann –Chairman of the Board of Management". Leverkusen....
-  Bayer AG. (2/22/17). "Press Release: Fiscal 2016. Another Record Year for Bayer – Good Progress with the Acquisition of Monsanto". Leverkusen....
-  Bayer AG. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bayer Proposes Increased Dividend for 2016 of EUR 2.70 per Share. Total Dividend Payout Rises 8 Percent to EUR 2,233 Million". Leverkusen....
-  Bayer AG. (2/20/17). "Press Release: Farmers Set to Benefit from Technology License Agreement between Bayer and Yara". Oslo & Monheim....
-  Bayer AG. (2/15/17). "Press Release: Bayer to Showcase Xofigo Prostate Cancer Data at ASCO GU 2017 [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Berlin....
-  Compugen Ltd.. (2/15/17). "Press Release: Compugen Reports Fourth Quarter and Calendar Year 2016 Results". Holon....
-  Bayer AG. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Phase III COMPASS study with Bayer’s Rivaroxaban in Patients with Coronary or Peripheral Artery Disease Shows Overwhelming Efficacy and Meets Primary Endpoint Early ". Berlin....
-  Philippidis, Alex [GEN]. (1/23/17). "News: Top 10 M&A Deals of 2016"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)