Document › Details
Bayer AG. (6/10/15). "Press Release: Patent Infringement Case Closed. Bayer CropScience Successfully Enforces Its Spirotetramat Patent in China". Monheim.
|Organisation||Bayer CropScience (Group)|
|Product 2||IP services|
An important advantage for potato growers is the long-lasting action: Movento™ protects crops against insect attack for up to several weeks.
Bayer CropScience has taken a large step forward to stop the distribution of counterfeit crop protection products containing the active ingredient spirotetramat. Chinese manufacturer Hebei Sannong Agrochemical and distributor Nanjing Heyuan recently accepted the litigation filed by Bayer CropScience and agreed to pay Bayer financial compensation in respect of their infringing activities.
“We are committed to defending our intellectual property rights, and to doing everything we can to prevent the illegal trade in crop protection products,” explained Gerwin Bouillon, Global Head of Product Defense at Bayer CropScience. “Farmers using counterfeit crop protection products containing poor-quality or even non-approved active substances pose serious risks not only to themselves and field hands, but also to the environment and consumer health.”
“Spirotetramat is an important innovation from Bayer CropScience in the field of foliar insecticides,” pointed out Wang Guangming, Product Defense Senior Manager for Bayer CropScience China. “Its innovative mode of action is effective against even difficult-to-control pests, leading to healthier crops.” Spirotetramat is marketed by Bayer under the brand name Movento™ in over 70 countries worldwide. Launched in China in 2010, it is one of Bayer CropScience’s strongest core brands in China.
“Without the protection of patents, innovation is all but impossible. Therefore, we are on constant alert for any activities that infringe our intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and copyrights,” added Dr. Joerg Thomaier, Chief IP Counsel Bayer Group and Global Head of Patents at Bayer CropScience. “Hence we recognize the efforts being made in China to establish clear rules and regulations for the recognition of intellectual property (IP) rights.”
In July 2014, Bayer CropScience filed a lawsuit against the Chinese companies Hebei Sannong Agrochemical and Nanjing Heyuan in the Shijiazhuang Intermediate People’s Court. Bayer CropScience claimed that the defendants unlawfully produced and sold crop protection products containing spirotetramat. After an oral hearing in March 2015, the judges mediated the settlement and further negotiations.
Spirotetramat belongs to the chemical class of ketoenols invented by Bayer. It offers broad-spectrum control of many sucking insects such as aphids, thrips, mealy bugs and whiteflies. Movento™ not only has a comprehensive spectrum of activity against sucking pests; it is an important addition to integrated pest management (IPM) programs in grapes, citrus fruits, vegetables, tree fruits and potatoes.
About Bayer CropScience
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. Bayer CropScience, the subgroup of Bayer AG responsible for the agricultural business, has annual sales of EUR 9,494 million (2014) and is one of the world’s leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of seeds, crop protection and non-agricultural pest control. The company offers an outstanding range of products including high value seeds, innovative crop protection solutions based on chemical and biological modes of action as well as an extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture. In the area of non-agricultural applications, Bayer CropScience has a broad portfolio of products and services to control pests from home and garden to forestry applications. The company has a global workforce of 23,100 and is represented in more than 120 countries. This and further news is available at: www.press.bayercropscience.com.
Find more information at www.bayercropscience.com.
This release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer Group or subgroup management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer’s public reports which are available on the Bayer website at www.bayer.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Bayer (Group)
-  Compugen Ltd.. (2/15/17). "Press Release: Compugen Reports Fourth Quarter and Calendar Year 2016 Results". Holon....
-  Bayer AG. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Phase III COMPASS study with Bayer’s Rivaroxaban in Patients with Coronary or Peripheral Artery Disease Shows Overwhelming Efficacy and Meets Primary Endpoint Early ". Berlin....
-  Philippidis, Alex [GEN]. (1/23/17). "News: Top 10 M&A Deals of 2016"....
-  Dentons. (1/13/17). "Press Release: Dentons Represents Bayer – Further Sentences in the World's Largest Trial against Drug Counterfeiters". Frankfurt a. M. & Potsdam....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Bayer AG. (12/13/16). "Press Release: Monsanto Shareowners Approve Merger with Bayer". St. Louis, MO....
-  Bayer AG. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Robert LaCaze to be Executive Vice President of New Oncology Strategic Business Unit at Pharmaceuticals Division of Bayer". Leverkusen....
-  Bayer AG. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Bayer and Versant Ventures Join Forces to Launch Stem Cell Therapy Company BlueRock Therapeutics with USD 225 Million Series A Financing". Leverkusen, et al.....
-  Bayer AG. (12/7/16). "Press Release: Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. and Bayer Enter into Agreement for Purchase of U.S. Cydectin Product Portfolio". Shawnee, KS....
-  Bayer AG. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Bayer and FaunaPhotonics Form Research Collaboration to Develop Sensor Technology for Improved Monitoring of Insect Pests". Monheim....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)