Document › Details
4-Antibody AG. (8/16/11). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG Forms Collaboration with Human Genome Sciences". Basel.
4-Antibody AG today announced the signing of a collaboration agreement with Human Genome Sciences (HGS) to discover and develop fully human therapeutic antibodies. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The collaboration with HGS is focused on 4-Antibody's proprietary high throughput in vitro Retrocyte Display® technology for rapid discovery of fully human antibodies against novel targets nominated by HGS. The Retrocyte Display® technology (Retroviral B lymphocyte Display) is a potent and fast tool for high quality therapeutic antibody discovery and optimization using a rapid flow cytometry approach. Full-length immunoglobulin antibody libraries are expressed in mammalian B-lineage cells, the cell designed by nature for optimal antibody display, resulting in 'better-behaved', fully human antibodies. This collaboration agreement, which initially involves two projects, is 4-Antibody's second such alliance with a pharmaceutical partner, the first being with Boehringer Ingelheim which commenced in early 2010.
Dr Robert Burns, 4-Antibody's CEO, said: "We're delighted to announce our second collaboration with an established pharmaceutical partner. Collaborations serve an important role in validating our Retrocyte Display® technology platform and we're delighted that HGS wanted to enter into this Multi-target collaboration with us. This adds an additional momentum to our other ongoing partnering activities."
- ends -
Dr Robert Burns
Dr Robert Mayer
About 4-Antibody AG
4-Antibody is a biopharmaceutical company with a powerful fully-human antibody drug-discovery technology platform which is generating an emerging pipeline of antibody therapeutics. The proprietary discovery engine is the in vitro Retrocyte Display® technology, a fast and highly efficient source of antibody drug candidates. Retrocyte Display® generates high quality therapeutic antibody drug candidates quickly using a rapid, high-throughput, flow cytometry approach incorporating fulllength IgG format human antibody libraries expressed in mammalian B cells. 4-Antibody provides access to its technologies to select pharmaceutical R&D collaborators and is also generating an inhouse pipeline of antibody drugs. The Company's lead development product is an anticytomegalovirus antibody drug. 4-Antibody is a private company with strong, commerciallyexperienced leadership located in Basel, Switzerland and Jena, Germany.
For more information please visit: www.4-antibody.com
*** 4-Antibody moves to new offices and labs***
Please note the new address and phone number of our Basel operation:
CH-4057 Basel, Switzerland
About Human Genome Sciences
Human Genome Sciences exists to place new therapies into the hands of those battling serious disease. For more information about HGS, please visit the Company's web site at www.hgsi.com .
CH-4057 Basel, Switzerland
Record changed: 2011-11-25
More documents for 4-Antibody (Group)
-  4-Antibody AG. (1/29/13). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG and the Ludwig Institute Expand Oncology Antibody R&D Program with Three New Targets". Basel & New York, NY....
-  4-Antibody AG. (10/8/12). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG Receives Additional Milestone Payments from Human Genome Sciences". Basel....
-  Evotec AG. (5/9/12). "Press Release: Evotec AG and 4-Antibody AG Form Strategic Collaboration to Innovate Antibody Selection. Evotec and 4-Antibody Launch New High Content Screening Platform for Early Antibody Functionality Testing". Hamburg & Basel....
-  4-Antibody AG. (9/19/11). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG Meets Next Milestone in Boehringer Ingelheim Collaboration". Basel....
-  4-Antibody AG. (3/16/10). "Press Release: 4-Antibody Announces Long-term Collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim for Therapeutic Antibodies". Basel....
-  4-Antibody AG. (9/21/09). "Press Release: 4-Antibody Received Notice of Allowance for U.S. Patent Application Describing the Hu-PAC Technology". Basel....
-  4-Antibody AG. (9/11/09). "Press Release: Retrocyte Display Technology Patent Applications Published". Basel....
-  Pharming Group N.V.. (10/13/08). "Press Release: Pharming Shareholders Appoint Sijmen de Vries as new CEO". Leiden....
-  4-Antibody AG. (9/26/08). "Press Release: 4-Antibody Appoints Dr. Richard Mason as New Chief Executive Officer". Basel....
-  4-Antibody AG. (11/8/07). "Press Release: Don Drakeman Joins 4-Antibody Board". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)