Document › Details
4-Antibody AG. (1/15/07). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG Closes CHF 17 Million Series A Financing, Bringing the Total Series A Financing to CHF 23 Million ($ 18.5Million)". Basel, Switzerland.
Advent Venture Partners, Life Science Partners (LSP) and BioMedinvest today announced the completion of a CHF 17 Million Series A financing of 4-Antibody AG. This closing was led by new investor Advent Venture Partners (UK), together with existing lead investors Life Sciences Partners (LSP, The Netherlands) and BioMedinvest AG (Switzerland). All other existing investors; Grazia Equity (Germany), Mulligan Biocapital (Germany) and several private investors also participated.
4-Antibody AG is focused on exploiting its 4mAb™ proprietary platform to improve existing antibodies and to discover de- novo fully human antibodies. Proceeds will be used to accelerate the discovery and development of novel therapeutic monoclonal antibodies.
“The success of our Series A financing is a recognition of the potential of our proprietary 4mAb™ platform to generate novel fully human antibodies against a broad range of disease targets. We are very pleased to be able to attract Advent Venture Partners, a top tier Life Sciences investor, complementing our existing investor syndicate. We are now well positioned to build on our product pipeline and to accelerate our fast follower monoclonal antibody programs” said Sijmen de Vries, CEO of 4- Antibody AG.
Raj Parekh, General Partner at Advent Venture Partners commented: “The 4mAb™ technology has the potential to become an industry standard to increase the potency and specificity of human monoclonal antibodies designed for therapeutic use. We are very pleased to support the company.”
About 4-Antibody AG
4-Antibody AG is a Basel-based privately owned company, with a wholly owned subsidiary in Jena, Germany. 4-Antibody owns a novel and proprietary technology platform (4mAb™) for the development and/or optimization of fully human antibodies. For more information about 4-Antibody, please visit our website at http://www.4-antibody.com.
About Advent Ventures
Advent Ventures is one of the most experienced technology venture capital firms in the UK. Established in 1981 it invests in both the Life Science and Information and Communications Technology sectors. Advent Ventures has over £500 million (US$ 900m) under management from institutional investors across Europe and the USA. It has backed around 60 life science companies of which, to date, 19 have obtained public listings. Recent investments by the Advent Life Sciences team include Norwegian radiopharmaceuticals
company, Algeta; the US speciality pharma company, CardioKine Inc; the US medical services company NeoGuide and UK-based Thiakis which develops hormone-based treatments for obesity. For additional information please visit: www.adventventures.com.
Dr. Sijmen de Vries
t: +41 61 697 1353
Dr. Douglas Pretsell
Account Director, Munich Bureau Chief
t: +49 89 5700 1806
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Agenus (Group)
-  Agenus Inc.. (11/5/15). "Press Release: Agenus to Acquire Antibody Manufacturing Capability, Expands Antibody Discovery and Adds Cell Line Development Capabilities with Three Separate Transactions". Lexington, MA....
-  Incyte Corporation. (1/9/15). "Press Release: Incyte and Agenus Announce Global Alliance to Develop Novel Immuno-oncology Antibodies". Wilmington, DE & Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (5/8/14). "Press Release: Agenus Reports First Quarter 2014 Financial Results". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (4/28/14). "Press Release: Agenus Announces Collaboration and License Agreement with Merck for Novel Checkpoint Antibody-based Cancer Immunotherapies". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (3/5/14). "Press Release: Agenus Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial Results". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (2/13/14). "Press Release: Agenus Closes Acquisition of 4-Antibody". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (2/10/14). "Press Release: Agenus Announces Closing of Public Offering and Exercise of Over-allotment Option". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (1/13/14). "Press Release: Agenus Enters into Definitive Agreement to Acquire Privately Held 4-Antibody AG". Lexington, MA....
-  4-Antibody AG. (1/29/13). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG and the Ludwig Institute Expand Oncology Antibody R&D Program with Three New Targets". Basel & New York, NY....
-  4-Antibody AG. (10/8/12). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG Receives Additional Milestone Payments from Human Genome Sciences". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)