Document › Details
4-Antibody AG. (9/26/08). "Press Release: 4-Antibody Appoints Dr. Richard Mason as New Chief Executive Officer". Basel.
|Organisation 2||Advent Venture Partners (Advent Ltd.)|
|Product 2||MAb, human, fully|
|Person||Mason, Richard (JnJ 201511– Head Innovation Centre London before XO1 + BTG + 4-Antibody + Advent Venture Partners + CAT)|
4-Antibody AG today announced that Dr. Richard Mason has joined the company as Chief Executive Officer and Geschäftsführer. Dr. Mason joins 4-Antibody from venture capital firm Advent Venture Partners, an investor in 4-Antibody, where he has been an Executive-in-Residence.
Previously Dr. Mason was Senior Vice President Business Development at Cambridge Antibody Technology plc (CAT). As head of CAT's business development team he was responsible for numerous transactions with major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies including leading the negotiation of the original antibody co-discovery and co-development agreement with AstraZeneca which subsequently led to AstraZeneca's acquisition of CAT for $1.3 billion.
Dr. Mason qualified in medicine from the Medical College of St. Bartholomew's Hospital, University of London. He trained in internal medicine and is a member of the Royal College of Physicians. He also holds a BSc degree in Immunology from University College London and an MBA from the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
"We are delighted to appoint Richard as our CEO to lead 4-Antibody through the next exciting phase of its growth. His organisational leadership skills and experience in commercial deal-making in the antibody space will be instrumental as we establish our technology as a new gold-standard for the discovery of fully human monoclonal antibody therapeutics" stated Prof. Dr. Max Burger, Chairman of 4-Antibody's Board.
Commenting on his appointment, Dr. Mason said, "I am very pleased to be joining this young and dynamic company with its world-class team of immunologists and molecular biologists. 4-Antibody has the most exciting and unencumbered platform for generating therapeutic antibodies in the industry today."
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Agenus (Group)
-  Agenus Inc.. (11/5/15). "Press Release: Agenus to Acquire Antibody Manufacturing Capability, Expands Antibody Discovery and Adds Cell Line Development Capabilities with Three Separate Transactions". Lexington, MA....
-  Incyte Corporation. (1/9/15). "Press Release: Incyte and Agenus Announce Global Alliance to Develop Novel Immuno-oncology Antibodies". Wilmington, DE & Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (5/8/14). "Press Release: Agenus Reports First Quarter 2014 Financial Results". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (4/28/14). "Press Release: Agenus Announces Collaboration and License Agreement with Merck for Novel Checkpoint Antibody-based Cancer Immunotherapies". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (3/5/14). "Press Release: Agenus Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial Results". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (2/13/14). "Press Release: Agenus Closes Acquisition of 4-Antibody". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (2/10/14). "Press Release: Agenus Announces Closing of Public Offering and Exercise of Over-allotment Option". Lexington, MA....
-  Agenus Inc.. (1/13/14). "Press Release: Agenus Enters into Definitive Agreement to Acquire Privately Held 4-Antibody AG". Lexington, MA....
-  4-Antibody AG. (1/29/13). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG and the Ludwig Institute Expand Oncology Antibody R&D Program with Three New Targets". Basel & New York, NY....
-  4-Antibody AG. (10/8/12). "Press Release: 4-Antibody AG Receives Additional Milestone Payments from Human Genome Sciences". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)