Document › Details
MorphoSys AG. (9/16/10). "Press Release: AbD Serotec Secures Exclusive Wordwide Manufacturing License to Key Research Antibodies from VU University Medical Center".
|Organisation||AbD Serotec (division of MorphoSys AG)|
|Today||Bio-Rad AbD Serotec GmbH|
|Organisation 2||VU University Medical Center (VUmc)|
|Person||Feger, Dieter (MorphoSys 200901 Head AbD Serotec business before Abbott Diagnostics Marketing Director Global Marketing)|
Deal Strengthens AbD Serotec's Position as Primary Source of Reagents for Studying the Innate Immune System
MorphoSys AG (FSE: MOR; Prime Standard Segment, TecDAX) announced today that its research and diagnostic antibodies unit AbD Serotec has signed a license agreement with VU University Medical Center (VUmc), which provides AbD Serotec with worldwide exclusive rights to commercialize a number of antibody clones for research applications. These include the world's most widely used reagents for studying macrophage subsets in rats, the "ED series" of antibodies.
The antibodies are key reagents for studying various cell types and processes which play a central role in the innate immune system. The innate immune system forms an initial line of defense against diverse invading foreign pathogens and damaged or infected host cells. It acts through a variety of primitive and more advanced mechanisms, including the complement cascade, pattern recognition receptors, and macrophages to identify and target foreign intruders. In addition, it initiates the host's adaptive immune response via antigen presentation by dendritic cells. The original paper on the ED antibodies is a key publication in the field being cited over 1,600 times.
"In line with our strategy to achieve a market-leading position in key focus areas, we have decided to further expand our offering in innate immunity research and take an exclusive manufacturing license for a range of ED antibody clones from the VU University Medical Center," commented Dieter Feger, Head of AbD Serotec. "AbD Serotec already provides an extensive collection of antibodies for studying the activities and actions of the innate immune system, all manufactured to highest quality standards and guaranteed for use in important applications such as flow cytometry and western blotting."
AbD Serotec has launched a new website area summarizing its offering of performance-guaranteed antibodies and reagents focused on macrophages and dendritic cells, toll-like receptors, pattern recognition receptors, natural killer cell markers, and the complement cascade. For further information, visit www.abdserotec.com
MorphoSys is an independent biotechnology company that develops novel antibodies for therapeutic, diagnostic and research applications. The Company's HuCAL technology is one of the most powerful methods available for generating fully human antibodies. By successfully applying this and other proprietary technologies, MorphoSys has become a leader in the field of therapeutic antibodies, one of the fastest-growing drug classes in human health-care. Through its alliances with some of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, MorphoSys has created a pipeline of more than 60 drug candidates. The Company is expanding its drug pipeline by adding new partnered programs, and by building a portfolio of fully-owned therapeutic antibodies. For its proprietary portfolio, the Company is focused on the areas of oncology and inflammation. Its most advanced program MOR103, a first-in-class, fully human antibody against GM-CSF, is currently tested in a Phase Ib/IIa trial in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Via its business unit AbD Serotec, MorphoSys is expanding the reach of its technologies in the diagnostics and research markets. MorphoSys is headquartered in Munich, Germany and listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol "MOR". For further information, visit http://www.morphosys.com/
HuCAL®, HuCAL GOLD®, HuCAL PLATINUM®, CysDisplay® and RapMAT® are registered trademarks of MorphoSys AG.
About VU University Medical Center:
VU University Medical Center's core business consists of patient care, scientific research, and education. Its focal areas in care and research are: cancer and the immune system, the brain, movement, vital functions and extramural care. Every year, 38,000 patients are admitted (some for day therapy), over 300,000 patients visit the outpatient clinic and 40,000 visit the Emergency Department. About 2,000 medical students receive an education. The results of scientific research are presented in about 2,000 scientific publications and reports each year, including about 100 PhD theses.
This communication contains certain forward-looking statements concerning the MorphoSys group of companies. The forward-looking statements contained herein represent the judgment of MorphoSys as of the date of this release and involve risks and uncertainties. Should actual conditions differ from the Company's assumptions, actual results and actions may differ from those anticipated. MorphoSys does not intend to update any of these forward-looking statements as far as the wording of the relevant press release is concerned.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Claudia Gutjahr-Löser
Head of Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-122
Senior Manager Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-454
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bio-Rad (Group)
-  MorphoSys AG. (11/7/13). "Press Release: MorphoSys AG Reports Results for the First Nine Months of 2013"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (5/3/13). "Press Release: MorphoSys AG Reports Results for the First Quarter of 2013"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (12/16/12). "Press Release: Bio-Rad to Acquire MorphoSys’s Research and Diagnostic Antibody Business AbD Serotec. MorphoSys to Increase Focus on Therapeutics"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (10/16/12). "Press Release: AbD Serotec Licenses HuCAL Antibodies to DiaSorin for Use in Clinical Diagnostic Assays for Infectious Disease Testing"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (5/23/12). "Press Release: AbD Serotec to Launch Panel of HuCAL Anti-drug Antibodies Supporting the Development of Novel Antibody Therapeutics. New Product Category Targets Contract Research Organizations and Pharmaceutical Companies"....
-  Curetis AG. (12/13/11). "Press Release: Curetis AG Appoints Dr. Klaus Brinkmann as Director of Sales. Preparation of CE-marking and Product Launch in Europe in 2012". Holzgerlingen....
-  MorphoSys AG. (11/2/11). "Press Release: MorphoSys and Shionogi Agree Three-year Extension of Research Partnership"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (8/1/11). "Press Release: AbD Serotec and Merck Sign License Agreement for Use of HuCAL GOLD in Vaccine Research"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (7/25/11). "Press Release: AbD Serotec Signs Agreement with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute for Anti-infective Research"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (5/16/11). "Press Release: AbD Serotec Licenses Seven Diagnostic HuCAL Antibodies to Proteomika to Monitor Biologic Therapies. First HuCAL-based Diagnostic Kits to Enter Market"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)