Collaboration › Details
Sanofi–Organobalance: yeast technology, 201201– license excl for vaccine production of modified S. cerevisiae strain to Sanofi Pasteur
|Partner, 1st||Sanofi Pasteur (Group)|
|Group||Sanofi (Group) [since May 2011]|
|Partner, 2nd||Organobalance GmbH|
|Product||recombinant protein production in yeast cells|
Organobalance GmbH. (1/11/12). "Press Release: Organobalance Signs Licensing Agreement with Sanofi Pasteur. Modified Strain of Yeast Paves Way for New Industrial Vaccine Production Process". Berlin.
The company ORGANOBALANCE GmbH, Berlin, Germany, today announced the conclusion of a licensing agreement with Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi (EURONEXT: SAN and NYSE: SNY). This will provide Sanofi Pasteur with access to a modified yeast strain (Saccharomyces cerevisiae, more commonly known as baker's yeast) for use in vaccines. By signing the agreement, ORGANOBALANCE is granting Sanofi Pasteur exclusive rights to use of the modified yeast strain in the production of vaccines.
Prof. Christine Lang, Managing Director of ORGANOBALANCE GmbH, sees the licensing agreement as a further milestone for the company: "The modified form of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, both developed and patented by our company, is just one example of the farreaching expertise ORGANOBALANCE has to offer in the field of metabolic engineering. By making this agreement, we are strengthening our outstanding position in microbial strain development and the application of yeasts in industrial biotechnology. We are delighted to have made this agreement with Sanofi Pasteur, a partner who will make commercial use of our research findings on an industrial scale."
ORGANOBALANCE GmbH is a company specialising in microbiological strain development. ORGANOBALANCE targets the use of Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast strains for synthesising materials which can be applied in the processes of industrial and pharmaceutical biotechnology. The company also focuses on tapping the potential of beneficial microorganisms, known as specific probiotic cultures, in order to balance out the microflora and restore the microbial equilibrium in a natural way. By drawing on its own collection of microorganisms suitable for use in foodstuffs, as well as its own OASSYS® screening systems, ORGANOBALANCE develops new biological products in the areas of pharmaceutics, preventive healthcare, nutrition and cosmetics. ORGANOBALANCE was founded in 2001 and is based in Berlin, Germany. More information can be found at http://www.organobalance.com.
Tel.: +49 30 46307-200
Fax: +49 30 46307-210
Communication . Marketing . Organisation
Tel.: +49 33 22 84 06 52
Fax: +49 33 22 84 06 53
Record changed: 2015-08-27
More documents for Sanofi (Group) [since May 2011]
-  Valneva S.E.. (11/10/15). "Press Release: Valneva Reports a Strong Quarter Marked by Key Successes in its Strategic Execution and a Solid Financial Performance". Lyon....
-  Valneva S.E.. (11/9/15). "Press Release: Valneva Announces U.S. Distribution and Marketing Services Agreements with VaxServe for Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine Ixiaro". Lyon....
-  BioNTech AG. (11/3/15). "Press Release: Sanofi and BioNTech Announce Cancer Immunotherapy Collaboration and License Agreement". Paris & Mainz....
-  Sanofi S.A.. (8/10/15). "Press Release: Evotec, Apeiron Biologics and Sanofi Jointly Develop Novel Small Molecule-based Cancer Immunotherapies". Hamburg....
-  Sanofi S.A.. (8/7/15). "Press Release: Sanofi, Evotec Enter New Research Collaboration to Discover and Develop Novel Diabetes Therapies". Paris....
-  Universitätsklinikum Heidelberg. (5/4/15). "Pressemitteilung: Universitätsklinikum Heidelberg und Sanofi gründen Forschungsallianz gegen Knochenmarkkrebs. Neuer Wirkstoff soll erkrankte Immunzellen im Knochenmark blockieren"....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (3/25/15). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Reports Full-Year 2014 Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update". Freising....
-  Evotec AG. (3/20/15). "Press Release: Evotec and Sanofi Sign Definitive Agreement for Major Multi-component Strategic Alliance. Total Deal Value of EUR 250 m, including more than EUR 40 m Upfront Cash Payment". Hamburg....
-  Boehringer Ingelheim. (1/15/15). "Press Release: Boehringer Ingelheim and Sanofi Enter Into a Strategic Contract Manufacturing Alliance to Produce Biopharmaceuticals". Ingelheim....
-  Sanofi S.A.. (12/17/14). "Press Release: Merial Acquires Two Major Equine Health Products from Bayer". Paris....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)